“A Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Provo, Utah
“A Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I were recently married, and for our honeymoon we decided to spend some time in southern California. Myself originally being from San Diego , I knew San Clemente was a hidden gem to begin with. I was looking for something special, but I was trying desperately to stay within a reasonable budget. I really wanted to impress my new bride.

After a lot of searching, I came across the Seahorse Resort. I was really surprised by the price, and instantly I started wondering why it was so inexpensive (considering the unbeatable location). I began reading all the reviews, most going on and on about how great the place was. There were, of course, a few that had their complaints. While I was initially concerned about some of the things they said, the larger amount of positive reviews plus the overwhelming beauty of its location swayed me to go ahead and book. When booking, I mentioned that our stay was to be our honeymoon, and that we were really excited.

Our first impression of the Seahorse came during our drive down to southern California from Utah the day after our wedding. We were possibly going to have a late check-in, so we called to give them a courteous heads up. My wife was greeted on the phone by the sweetest lady named Oksana. She was happy to hear from us, and assured us that she would be waiting for us, even if we came in a little later than she would normally stay. We were so happy, and so impressed! Great first impression!

Upon our arrival at some time around 9pm on Saturday, we were happily greeted by the nicest, most petite little woman ever. Oksana was excited to see us, immediately congratulated us on our wedding, and was ready to show us our room. This is where the Seahorse really sold me as a lifetime guest. Originally I had booked a regular room, which already looked great. However, as Oksana handed us the key to our room, she let us know that they went ahead and upgraded us to a suite, no extra charge! At this point, we were beside ourselves with excitement. We quickly went to the third (top) floor and checked out the room. It was everything I could have hoped for and more! Fantastic wrap-around windows with a stunning view of the ocean and pier, beautiful balcony, complete kitchen with a full-sized fridge, nice dishware, pots and pans, etc., and an excellent master bedroom with a flat-screen, king sized bed, and great bathroom and shower. Again, for a beach getaway in January, this couldn't have been more perfect.

From there our experience only continued to get better. We eventually had the pleasure of meeting the owners, and they were equally as kind and gracious to us as Oksana. There really wasn't anything I could complain about regarding the Seahorse. Now to be fair, our experience was only with that one suite. I can't give opinions about any of the other rooms because I didn't seen any of them. But as far as we're concerned, just a fantastic experience!

On our last day before leaving, we wanted to take a few pictures right outside the hotel before we left. Oksana insisted she come out and take the pictures for us. She even went across the street with us to get a few great shots with the ocean.

The level of service we received, combined with the overall beauty, location, and experience, has sealed this as one place where we will always go to stay when visiting southern California.

Would we stay here again? Absolutely!

Would we recommend it to friends and family? Definitely!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChadChristensen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I spent three nights in this property with my parents. It overlooks the beach and our two bedroom/2 bathroom suite had the most amazing views of the pier and the ocean. The living room/kitchen faced towards the ocean and the entire west wall is windows so that nothing obstructs the view! Even the master bedroom has a huge window that faces the water. There are also two decks with ocean views. It was a perfect place to kick back and relax for a couple of days. You are literally steps away from the beach and the famous pier. The owners, Oxsana and the rest of the staff, are polite, friendly and incredibly accommodating. There was three of us staying in this suite, but it could have easily slept 7+ with all the beds and fold-up cots. Definitely a place we will be returning to - highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floor have the views! Ask for an ocean facing room!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Horse Resort the first week of November as our anniversary gift to ourselves. I have to say we now have a new favorite place! We had the Marina Suite on the second floor and the view is fabulous from the living area, the kitchen, and the balcony. The beach and pier were just across the street and easily accessible. The suite was completely stocked with dishes, coffe pot, microwave, etc. and very clean and tidy, the furniture was comfortable.Service was great and the staff was very friendly. We are planning a family holiday at the resort because it has everything you need for a great vacation: Terrific suite-check, plenty of room-check, beach two minutes away-check, low key beach town-check, fun for grown-ups-check, fun for kids-check, restaurants and stores close by-check, helpful friendly staff-check, privacy-check, free parking-check. You really get what you see in the pictures. The resort is not new but has the feel of that relaxed vacation spot where you are just peaceful, comfortable and happy.

Room Tip: Sleep quality for my husband would have scored higher except for the train that runs across the stre...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Delores P
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I actually have not stayed at the Sea Horse Resort yet, but I just made my reservation. I have been looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary and stumbled on this property by accident. I called to inquire about pet policy and was helped on the phone by Oxsana. She was so friendly and engaging and answered all my questions for thoroughly. I immediately made my reservation, simply due to our conversation. Looking forward to a lovely time when we visit next month.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kimibean
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by Oxana, a petite, bubbly, and friendly person who just felt she had to make everyone feel welcome. She showed us our ground floor suite, which we found clean, recently updated, and decorated simply. That suite has only a shower, but that was fine for us. It also had a small fridge and microwave, and a coffee maker. The location across from the beach was ideal, and beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels are on loan from the simple lobby; free! We also had free parking on site, and if you've been to San Clemente beach you'll appreciate how valuable that feature is on its own! We'd come back if we could.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank BMWMarc
El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Spent 2 days and nights . Great location ,very friendly staff ,free use of beach chairs and beach towels. 1 minute walk to the beach and pier. Lots of great food close by. great surfing and swimming beach. Free Dedicated parking right at the hotel We will be back as soon as we can with the rest of the family for sure !

Room Tip: ocean front
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rychard r
White Rock, B.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

25 years I first went to Seahorse with a couple of trips in between. Location cannot be beat. Across from beach, walk up the hill to great little commercial area, rent a board and a wetsuit, walk/run the beach trail, and a train stop right across the street. The building was getting tired but improvements are being made. Our room had new windows, kitchen, bathroom and floor. It was home. Cleaning staff is daily and worthy of a bouquet. Even when I said don't bother, a quick kitchen, bathroom cleanup. Oksana is great reception. Sure ... she up sold me at reservation time, but bless her for doing so. Our usual bachelor suite was forgotten for spacious one bedroom and kitchen. We didn't leave for a week except to get groceries and take-out pizza down the street. Thanks.

Room Tip: Train track in front, San Clemente is spending $4m on local audible warning to eliminate the horns.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
#6 of 18 in San Clemente
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#8 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Seahorse Resort? Share your experiences!