“Great Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Green Cove Springs, Florida, United States
“Great Hampton”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Another wonderful hampton...had a great night sleep. Room was clean, staff was friendly. Bed was comfy and sheets were clean...Kid enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was good as always. Always love staying at a hampton inn!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Wendy W,

Thank you for your sweet review. We appreciate that you took the time to write us a review on the cleanliness of the hotel and helpfulness of our staff. We welcome you back anytime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Valencia, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband, 4 month old son and I stayed just one night as we were in the area for my cousin's wedding. I was pleased that there was a separate seating area that was perfect for setting up our son's pack 'n' play. I also liked that the rooms were separated by a door so that we didn't wake him up while we were watching TV or talking. The breakfast was great and the staff were especially friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Heather S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found our accommodation suitable for your needs. Hope to see you soon.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I frequently stay at this hotel when I'm in town for business. The last time I was there I mistakingly left some of my clothing in the dresser and I didn't realize I had done so until several days later. I called the hotel, and they not only had kept my clothing but they offered to ship it back to me in NC. Awesome!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Buck R,

We were most obliged to send back your clothing and we're happy that we were able to do so for you. Thank you for your amazing review and hope to see you again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The daughter was married in San Clemente. The wedding co-ordinator suggested we stay here because it was walking distance to venue and beach. The group took about 20 rooms. No complaints from anyone. Breakfast in the morning. Waffles and oatmeal a treat. Cookies in the pm. Rooms fresh and clean. Always great to have separation between bedroom and living area. Microwave and refrigerator. The staff was outstanding trying to arranging our rooms in small groups and all our other requests. Great rate for room. Would stay again. One downside the rooms facing the ocean are also facing the freeway.

Room Tip: Rooms quieter on the golf course side. Can watch the golfers and weddings. Higher floors have best v...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Athomeinlv,

Congratulations, on your daughter’s wedding. It was our pleasure to make this special stay a success for you and all your family and friends. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 3, 2014

OK, this was better than I thought it would be--actually a pretty good place to stay over night. I needed to be between Orange and San Diego Counties, so location was the primary driver for choosing this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was large with separate sitting and sleeping areas. It was well appointed and clean. Quite a bit of refurbishment has been done, excepting the shower/bath area.

I'm not usually a big fan of hotels adjacent to the freeway, but even though my room was on the front of the hotel, the sound was muted to a background hum. I would usually also say that you get what you pay for, but this was a pretty good value for the area.

I don't think I'd stay here for more than overnight, but the location is convenient and the rooms comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to the drone of freeway noise, probably best to get a room at the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
D01234,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel and we are happy to hear that the location worked out for your stay.

We welcome you back for your next stay.
San Clemente, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I frequent the San Clemente area as much as we can. In fact, we were married on the beach right next to the pier in 2010. This trip out included our infant son, and was our first experience with him in a hotel. I did not know that there was a Hampton in San Clemente until I started planning this trip. However, having been a very frequent Hampton customer for business travel to other areas of the country, I knew that having the two room suite and very decent breakfast available would be a great advantage for our family. Upon check in the manager, Rosalind, was very friendly and paid special attention to our infant son. Upon mentioning that he might stare due to his fondness of blondes she mentioned that she might wear her hair down for him the next day (her hair was up when we checked in). Rosalind wore her hair down for the remainder of our stay, garnering lots of smiles and coos and laughter from my one year old son. Little details like that help make a vacation so much more memorable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Nicholas S
Nicholas S.,

What a delight that Rosalind was able to make that memorable experience for your son with such a simple attribute. We appreciate that you chose our hotel for your family's vacation to the San Clemente area. We will keep in mind for your next trip to have more blondes working to make your son smile.
mybeach101
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very clean and rooms have excellent set up with bedroom and living room. Housekeeping went above and beyond my expectations. Free breakfast was great. Location convenient. I highly recommend the gem when in Sa Clemente.

Room Tip: I like rooms on east side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Johnson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Mybeach101f - "Delightful Hotel" is what we like to hear from our guests. Also, I will pass along your compliments to our housekeeping team for exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your positive review.