“Hotel Stay”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Long Beach, California
“Hotel Stay”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Hamilton Inn & Suites, staff was very tentative to my needs. I had a early check in. My room was very spacious and comfortable. I only stayed one night but I enjoyed being at poolside for relaxation. Saturday morning I had breakfast at the hotel and was amazed to find out, a full complemtary breakfast was provided to all of the hotel guest. From the time I arrived in my room, staff personel phoned my roon to make sure my accomodations were to my liking....and I was very surprised by that phone call My trip was because of an wedding I was attending and was very surprise that the wedding ceremony was in walking distance from the hotel. The service from the staff of the hotel was excellent, they were always wanting to know if they could be of assistance with anything for my comfort. My next trip I will look for a Hamilton Inn & Suites Hotel for my traveling accomodations. It has been several years since I stayed in Hamilton Inn & Suites, this stay just refreshed my mind about the comfort and enjoyment I felt staying in this hotel. I have already spoke to other family members about their chioce of hotel stay for their trips. The hotel was very clean and fresh smelling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hemet, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The suite of rooms was clean and comfortable, with all the ammenities needed. I was in suite 111 where there was a very large balcony, which provided a great view of the ocean in the distance. However the noise from the freeway and Pacific Coast Hwy, made it impossible to sit out there for very long. The room was quieter when the slider and drapes were closed. The air-conditioning vent had a bad smell while the air-conditioning was on. I slept long and hard 2 nights in a row on a very comfortable bed, after which I had a wonderful breakfast with lots of choices and great service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We spent 5 nites at the san clemente hampton inn recently while welcoming our son home from afghanistan. The staff at the hotel always greeted us with a smile and the general cleanliness of the hotel was good. However every morning about 10am a sewer smell would creep into our rooms (from the drains we guessed) and would make the whole floor smell bad. Our aged air conditioner only seemed to work half the time and the room temperature stayed in the mid to upper 70's most of the day. We were given some spray for our room (for the smell) and an explanation from the staff that it was a plumbing problem that they were going to fix in the off season. Not the best place I have stayed but definitely not the worst.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were given a choice of rooms, either facing the freeway or facing the golf course behind the hotel. We took the freeway view because it was a king. Noise was very minimal.

This is a great location, right off the I-5 freeway with easy access to downtown San Clemente and the beach.

All employees we encountered in this facility were great - helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask to take a look at room and judge the noise level for yourself.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed in this Hampton Inn on two separate occasions. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It's a great location, although there are no ocean views. The price is appropriate for the location. The hotel features underground parking and balconies. I travel through San Clemente every year and would recommend this hotel to business and leisure travelers alike.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our first trip to the San Clemente area and stayed for 2 nights at the Hampton Inn. The hotel is within walking distance of restaurants and state park, which is helpful because beach parking is limited. Everyone on the staff - front desk, maintenance, and breakfast attendents were friendly and helpful. The breakfast which is on the second floor offered a wide variety. We were there on a weekend in August and the hotel was fully booked, the breakfast items were constantly replenished and tables cleaned. Our room overlooked the municipal golf course behind the hotel and on Saturday we were priviledged to watch a wedding ceremony there from our balcony!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back overlooking the municipal golf course
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We spent a number of days in southern California, and wanted a place to stay that was fairly centrally located. Very happy with the hotel, breakfast was very good, used the fitness room and it was adequate. Our only error was that we didn't book it early enough to stay again after our 3 days in Arizona. No complaints and we were a family of six. Would recommend and stay again. Well worth the money especially if you factor in breakfast for 6.The staff was excellent as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family