“Great choice for a weekend family trip”

Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It took me a while to choose a hotel in the area, as we were interested in visiting San Juan Capistrano. I picked this hotel based on the photos and the larger rooms. We were not disappointed. We would certainly go back. The rooms were spacious and clean. The parking was great. The surrounding areas and the beach made it a fun stay. My wife and daughter really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kirk D
HPatel_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are glad that you liked the room. Please keep us in mind if and when you are coming back to town.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here one night with family. Room was clean, smelled fresh and spacious. Front desk was very friendly, helpful and courteous. We had a golf course view on the third floor and it was very quite . Breakfast service started early so we were able to grab a quick bite before my son's early game. Overall a great hotel in San Clemente.

Room Tip: 3rd floor golf view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I really appreciate your great review of our hotel. We strive to provide the best customer service and clean spacious rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I came here as part of a 5 year anniversary trip. The staff was always helpful and courteous. Our stay started out great with a complimentary bottle of wine. The rooms were very comfortable and the ocean views were good on the 3rd floor. The only downside I noticed was the noise from the highway, although it didn’t really bother me during our stay. The hotel was a good value for the price

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff K

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your anniversary at our hotel. I am however sorry that the freeway disturbed you a little. Please keep us in mind on your next trip to San Clemente.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

During my extended business stay the staff of this fine location provided service with a smile above and beyond my expectations. I virtually lived at the Hampton for seven months working an extremely stressful 72+ hour a week job. The beds provide the comfort and support I need for an uninterrupted night of sleep. I recommend this Hampton location to any traveler seeking a clean room, restful night, and excellent staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room with golf course view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for such kind words. We strive to provide the best customer service to all our guests. I am so glad that we did not add any more stress to your already stressful week. Please keep us in mind when you come back to San Clemente.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Staying there just one night it was quite OK, as the rooms are spacious, service was good, front desk was efficient and friendly. The hotel is close to a beach one minute driving.
The only drawback is the freeway #5 running right under the hotel so the rooms with a view to the ocean are also loud even at night. If you are looking for a good night sleep you should forego the view and ask for a room facing the golf course inctead

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TRozsa
SGilliom, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise on your side of the hotel. Your comments will help us to better assist guests in this situation. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Making a quick stop to visit some friends and stayed here. It was a great place and very friendly staff! We had to use the pull out bed for the kids and I have to say that would have been my only complaint. It was terrible and they sat on one corner of the bed to put shoes on and the mattress fell through the frame. Other than that everything was very nice and clean!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We take pride in the service we provide and I am glad that you saw and experienced it. In regards to the Sofa bed please accept my sincere apologies. I do have one good news, we are in the process of changing all the sofa beds in the hotel so situations like this will not happen. Again thank you very much for the review and the honesty.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our family moved from San Clemente years ago. When we travel back SC we always choose to stay at the Hampton. Each staff member, from the front desk to housekeeping , places the guest/s as their top priority. We come back year after year to find the hotel as clean or cleaner than the year before. The Hampton Inn is a gem in San Clemente. A special thank you to the breakfast staff. One morning the kitchen was out of fresh fruit, perhaps the truck had not arrived on time? We inquired about the fruit. Before we knew it, the staff member had walked to the market, purchased fruit, cut it up, and served it. Above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you for another great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family