“I can tell you what to eat or not....”

Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #4 of 215 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Payson, Arizona
“I can tell you what to eat or not....”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I love the Fishermans. Especially the bar side. The restaurant is overpriced and the food not so good. But on the bar side...you can eat....the bread and chowder, the shrimp scampi is so good, and a bucket of clams is very tasty......I've eaten most every thing else and just forget it. Recently they added Creme Brule' to the menu and I actually sent it back. Too Bad!!! That would be a perfect dish for them if it worked. I love going there, even if just for coffee.....the atmosphere is the best always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
S. CA.
“Management Needs To Continue To Ensure The Forks, Spoons, Knives Are Not Stepped On By Pigeons”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This restaurant is located right above a beautiful beach (can't find a nicer view) BUT, with that comes the pidgeons and I have seen on more than one occsasion the pidgeons walking on the tables and stepping over the fresh silverware placed out by the staff. I suggested the restaurant at least roll up the silverware inside the napkin to help address (somewhat) this concern of mine. My visits to the restaurant over the past couple years have shown me that at times the silverware is protected and at other times it is not. As a local, I will go back and I want to support this restaurant (and recommend it to friends). Hopefully, management has addressed this concern of mine. If after my next few visits I clearly see this concern of mine has been resolved, I will post a very positive review. Until then, my concern over clean silverware and tables results in the review I have posted.

San Diego, California
“Wouldn't go here again”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Met a friend here for lunch and felt the food was overpriced ($22 incl tip!) and not very good. But the view is lovely.

I had the clam chowder (only offer one size $5.25), which was just ok -- I had to search for the clam meat, though, as it was mostly potatos and cream. I also had the caesar's salad w/shrimp and was extremely disappointed. I would have to say it was the worst salad I've had in years. Not much dressing, so not very flavorful, and it was the tiny shrimp (not deveined!) so I hardly ate the shrimp at all.

My friend had the ahi sandwich and was happy with it. And the service was pretty good, but not great.

If anything, I'd recommend going for a drink or something for the view, but not the food.

“Don't be afraid, try it”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I was initially concerned seeing the location. So many fish restaurants like this sacrifice food for spectacular views, this one has both delicious food and a wonderful location. I went for lunch and had the Ahi Sandwich, enormous!! (next time I would split it). Fun to watch the surfers on the beach and walk the pier and see what the fishermen are catching. Servers were wonderful!!

Kingman, Arizona
“Great Dinner and View”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Had the Halibut Vera Cruz and watched the sunset...can't be beat.
Service was really good, a few too many flies for me on the patio but not unsanitary.