“Terrific atmosphere, so-so food”

Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #10 of 229 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Living in San Clemente we enjoy taking our visitors from out of town to Fischerman's. The food is average, especially for the price, but there is nothing like sitting right above the ocean on the pier. We have recently been going to the bar side to get simple fare, burgers and a glass of wine. Their burgers are fine. There are better food choices in SC, Nicks and South of Nicks are my favorites.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We set on the back porch right by the ocean and watch the sunset. Lovely view. My scallops were the best I have ever had. My husband's seabass was cooked perfectly. Everything was good - the vegetables, potatoes, sala, and soup. I highly recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

You cannot beat the view, nor the fact that this restaurant sits right on (both sides of) the pier, with the waves crashing right under you. On the right side (as you face the horizon) the bar, seat yourself and happy hour.... I recommend you hit that side, order a bucket of clams and a drink and watch the sunset. On the other side, a restaurant where the wait is usually long, the food is average and run of the mill. During busy season the parking is a challenge.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We eat here when we come out to visit with friends and we look forward to the good seafood this restaurant serves. I have the halibut fish & chips and just love it...perfect in every way. My wife enjoys the salmon and we both can't believe the mud pie (it is huge) to finish things off. We usually sit outside on the deck as the view is fantastic especially as the sun sets over the water. They have outdoor heaters so you are never cold in the evening. Service has always been casual and efficient. Sometimes during the week parking can be inconvenient but what else is new in southern California. We are looking forward to our next visit and dinner next year.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went early afternoon so not very busy. Two of us and a new baby. No problem getting the beer but my water when I finally got it she never refilled. I asked several times. The clam chowder as always amazing !!! My friend loved her wedge salad. Spinach salad was not organic and all spinach. Not that great! I love this little place but service has to improve