“HOTEL - SAN CLEMENTE”

Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is the second time I have used this hotel and have enjoyed the experience each time. The pool area is always nice and clean and it is five minutes walk from the beach. At a leisurely walk the pier is only 30 - 40 minutes walk along the seafront away. The rooms are kept very clean and the staff are always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I always choose the king spa with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julian3524

Reviewed July 31, 2012

A friend and I stayed three nights in July. The walk to the beach is much shorter and more scenic than it seems when you first start out along the PCH. There is a very large (for a motel) pool area with padded chaise lounges and hot tub. Rooms are quite large and many were recently refurbished although the quality of the work was not up to par in some areas. Beds were VERY comfortable with good linens. Internet access (wifi) was somewhat iffy at times; good at others
At the time I stayed, I didn't know the difference between a Best Western Plus and Premier. Now I do. This hotel is accurately rated a "plus" and is a very good value for those who want beach access nearby, a friendly and helpful front desk staff, and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Talk to the desk clerk about room size and when the room was refurbished. Some rooms have balconies...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sunnypiedmont
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a solid mid-range place, on a main street in a quiet neighborhood close to the beach. There is a good amount of parking, clean spacious rooms, two sinks in the generous sized bathroom, clean and well maintained, free wifi. The desk staff were friendly and helpful.

On the downside, I stayed in the new wing, where not as much attention was paid to noise reduction, so I heard my neighbors talk, shower, flush, etc... The breakfast was typical American shrink-wrap - prewrapped everything except some fresh fruit. This part was easily missable except there was no where close to walk for other options.

I would stay again for the price and location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank davidslc
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We've stayed at several Best Westerns, and this one was another great deal. We got a basic King-bed room, and we were happy to have a mini-fridge (free from the stupid buyable items) a small sink/wet-bar and a small table to eat a meal at. There was also plenty of desk space and a clean/adequate bathroom. Staff was friendly, and we couldn't find any other hotels in the area offering a free breakfast!
The review would have been a full five stars, if we didn't hear so much noise on the floor above us. The sound isolation was ok though...I think it was just a case of some really stupid guests above us!

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool seem to be easier to get to from multiple directions.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank highTechFool
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Like an aging actress, this may wave been pretty or even lovely in an old fashioned motor inn sort of way, but she is past her prime and probably will not be able to be revived regardless of the effort. Most of the rooms have small trashcans below their loud 50's style air conditioners to catch water drippings, peeling paint, lousy parking, useless wireless, broken ice machines all give the impression of a company trying to kerp up, but falling short. They will provide towels for the pool.. That were just about the size of a hand towel... It was pretty funny... Bring your own if you plan on laying out or swimming. It seems to be regularly sold out, but perhaps Best Western just can't justiey the huge undertaking it would take to upgrade this property to 21st century standards. On the upside, thr rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Breakfast is a valient attempt. Food is all packaged-- from the hard boiled eggs, to the oatmeal and egg sandwiches and juices, but it is included, so that is a nice plus. If you are looking for a motor inn type of experience, its just great, but know that even on the Best Western scale, this is on the low end.

Room Tip: They are all about the same, but I did notice a small number had balconies which would have been nic...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The property is old, but intriguing. It has an outdoor interior courtyard that is charming with a fountain and seating. My main complaint was the room-granted I did not book early as I was not sure how far I would drive towards SD. I took a chance and was fortunate to find a room in this hotel. I paid a premium price for a mediocre room. I paid extra for a balcony which had a view of a wall. The balcony might have benefited a smoker, but was ridiculous to me a non-smoker.

Room Tip: If planning to be in the area, book ahead-DO NOT waste your money on a balcony or a room touted to b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A family emergency brought us to San Clemente without time to book any accommodations. Most of the local motels were booked, but we were able to obtain a 3 night stay at this Best Western until the weekend. Unfortunately, our family member passed away on the day we were to leave the motel. We made a call to the front desk and spoke to Tony Gallegos, explaining our dilemma. Within 5 minutes, he called us back, told us we could continue our stay, in the same room, at the weekday price until the following Tuesday. ALL the staff at the front desk were extremely kind and understanding, and upon checkout, Steve made sure that all billing was in order as promised.
The room itself was very comfortable and clean. Parking was good and we were close to restaurants. If we ever come back to the area for a vacation, we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel
Rodeway Inn San Clemente
Rodeway Inn San Clemente
#10 of 18 in San Clemente

Been to Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn? Share your experiences!