“Great staff!!”

The Volare, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is our second stay at this motel and it was wonderful both times! The hotel staff is especially friendly and go above and beyond in customer service. The rooms are nice and spacious and the a good value for the money spent.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Wow I highly recommend this hotel. From the moment we walked into the door they provided outstanding customer service each day. We arrived earlier than the 3pm check in time and they were able to have us into a room immediately. We had a great ocean-room view from our hotel balcony. The beds were comfy. The bathroom was spacious. I barely had any complaints. As for the breakfast cafe inside the hotel, I recommend the blueberry pancakes! Everything else tasted mediocre. Shane at the front desk was very polite and friendly. The entire staff were phenomenal. If I ever visit San clemente again I'll definitely return to this hotel! I truly enjoyed my stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'll start off by saying that I gave this property a 4 based on the quality of the rooms, the lobby, and the hotel entrance.They are all very nice, but the pool area was not. Thankfully, that was not important to us. We were with another couple and both of our rooms were very much to our liking, clean and comfortable. We had 2 queens with a choice of pillows, and extremely comfy bedding, an important factor for us as we are not usually good sleepers. Our room was on the "ocean view" side, we thank the staff very much for that! We did not eat breakfast there, preferring to walk to a different spot each morning. This hotel is within walking distance to a lot of places for shopping and eating, but if you want to walk to the ocean, be ready for a long uphill climb back! Off street parking is a plus too. If you want a decently priced hotel that is clean, comfortable, and friendly, don't hesitate to book this one. Thank-you to the very helpful and gracious staff too!

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for a room with a view, back side of the hotel abuts the highway and can be no...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We moved away from San Clemente a year ago and have been back to visit friends many times. We always stay at this location. It is convenient to everything in town and easy for my teenager to visit friends without needing a ride. The staff is excellent from check in to check out and help to resolve any issues quickly. It is our so cal home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Everyone was so friendly and so nice. The gentleman at the front desk for the night shift gave me an upgrade and I was able to have a beautiful view of the ocean!!! I most definitly will come back to stay on my next vacation

Room Tip: get a view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank diego g
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Troy the manager always remembers his guests names and makes everyone feel welcome. The entire staff extend themselves to the needs of the guests. The location is perfect, rooms always clean, great breakfast and great price point. I stay alone and never feel alone. Better than any local B&B 3x the price!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The facilites and staff, were wonderful in a great locati.on. Convenient to walk San Clemente. I arrived early, and the staff got me my room ahead of the check in time. They were knowledgable about the area, friendly and helpful. I would book here before bothering anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business