New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Holiday Inn San Clemente
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
“Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

A very clean and nice hotel with a great location. The staff was extremely proficient and kind in helping us in our move. We continually return to the restaurant for the good food and company even after our stay.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank fang83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The weather has been gorgeous in southern California this fall and my boyfriend and I were hoping to stay somewhere close to the beach and reasonable. We found it at this Holiday Inn. It is walking distance to the Pier and many restaurants and bars. The hotel itself looked remodeled with artsy decor, warm vibrant colors and spacious accommodations. We will gladly return for another visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annekostoff
Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our Baseball team was playing in a local tournament and we decided as a group to all stay together so the boys could relax and hang out together and swim in between games. Todd the manager at the Holiday Inn was so accommodating! He made sure we were all together on the same floor was great about early check in and even placed our order for pizza! We will definitely stay there again! Thank you Todd for some great memories!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Terri M
Concord, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I spent the month of August and half of September 2012 at this hotel. I was in the area working and my wife joined me for three weeks of this time. The hotel,staff,pool,restaurant and weather were all exceptional, and made our stay quite memorable. I especially want to thank Stephan and Katie for all of their help, it was always with a smile and over and above our expectation. (even when a bimbo like me can't get the screen door open to the balcony). Until we meet again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view, not on freeway side
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephan M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Clemente, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience! We hope to see you really soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

After a spur of the moment roadtrip, we were lucky to get one of the last rooms available during peak season. The friendly staff went out of their way to help us with check-in and sightseeing tips. The recently remodeled room was clean and esthetic. After a pleasant day at the beautiful beach, grownups enjoyed a drink at the cozy bar while kids had a snack at the restaurant. We endedup staying an extra day and will deinitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank verolil
Glad to read that you were able to get one of our last room available, Weekend and holidays are always busy. Give us a call, even when you are allready on your way, and we will be happy to reserve the best room in San Clemente!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

going back for sure!! love my home away from home. The staff and Todd, so lovely always, greet me and treat me so wonderful every single time I visit. They sure got me spoiled. Even on my short visits such as the last one, are wonderful get aways. I know I will always feel welcome in this great hotel and the surrounding area as well. I wish I could stay longer but I shall be back next summer again for my regular vacation. Meanwhile, looking forward to another short get away in December. I know what to expect from this wonderful and lovely staff and sometimes, it is a huge deal for such along with the great location and overall hotel conditions!!!

Thank you Todd!! thank you aaalllll !! you are great !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 22mag
I can tell you enjoyed your stay, come back soon and often!
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Every summer we plan a family vacation and our first choice is always a stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Its walking distance to the beach, clubs and restaurants. We have been vacationing every summer at teh Holiday Inn. Their staff is the friendlist I have ever come across. The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable. They have all the amenities I need on a vacation.
They have an excellent menu and bar. I highly recommend Holiday Inn as your hotel. Once you stay there, you will never wan to leave. This is what vacation is all about. We love it!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
As you mentionned the Holiday Inn Express at the begening of your review, I would like to point that here we are Holiday Inn Resort, walking distance to the pier of San Clemente right by downtown. 949.361.3000.