All reviews very nice stay dana point jenny ocean highway microwave jacuzzi pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my girlfriend wanted to get away for the weekend and found this hotel what a great choice . When we checked they where so nice and friendly and so helpful told us what was around .the room was super clean and was very quit it had its own balcony which was super nice .I highly recommend anybody that is traveling or just wants to get away for the weekend this is the place to go the prices where very reasonable!!!! I will be a returning customer 100% , again great hospitality which means a lot when your staying at a hotel

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2019

The staff was very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. It is located right off the fwy and close to beach and restaurants, etc. We would stay there again if visiting San Clemente. Parking was easy and free.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

Easy and friendly check in service. Rooms were just what we needed and were bright and clean. It is close to food and other services like laundry, within one mile. A short drive to the beach and shops made our day in San Clemente very worth while.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Pics are deceiving. Not as nice, clean or as big as it seemed and quality of property not worth the price charged. Also very little parking, and trucks only fit in the ally behind the property. At least the employees were pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019

I go to San Clemente for work quite often. I decided to stay in the Travelodge this time. I called ahead and asked if the room was interested in had a balcony and I was told yes.

When I arrive at the hotel the owners had family hanging out and coughing in their TINY lobby(I am being generous calling it that.... It's about 6ft by 10ft.) After traversing the germ ridden 2 steps from the doorway across the room to the counter the owner comes out in full hair dying PPE because she was in the middle of self dying her hair.... at work....
Regardless of being covered in someone elses coughs I think "Hey, some people/places might just have bad first impressions." When I enter the room I realize they had a bad first impression annnd a worse lasting impression . It was about the same size as the lobby and hard to walk around the bed it was so small. The noise was off the charts! The building may as well have been in the freeway nearby. At least it didn't smell bad.
After about 15 minutes of traffic noise drifting directly to my ears despite the door and little window being tightly shut, I decide to go for a walk.
Walking away from the Travelodge made me happy and I found myself dreading going back. After a long walk(long because of the location) I start my descent back to the pits of Travelodge. After coming back to my "room" my car was seemingly luxurious, so despite having the "room" I decided sleeping in my car was a good idea.

Having stayed in multiple hotels in the area, I do not recomend this location at all.
1. Misinformation everywhere
2. Tiny
3. Noisy
4. Poor value, there are larger quieter rooms for the same price closer to the beach.(Patriot's, Oceana, Rodeway, Budget Lodge, and Comfort Suites to name a few)

Date of stay: June 2019