All reviews very nice stay dana point jenny ocean highway microwave jacuzzi pier
Selected filters
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I had a great time staying at Travelodge in San Clemente. Very clean, fresh coffee and very nice room service. We recommend staying here if your on vacation or buisness trip. 5 stars all the way!!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

The staff here was very nice and helpful during my stay at this hotel. Close to the beach and the pier and surrounded by multiple restaurants within walking distance. Overall the rooms were clean and housekeeping came everyday with fresh towels and cleaned up the rooms.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2019

Pardon the irony with the word “kinda”, perhaps “Really Really” perfect would be more suitable. Of couse, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it all depends on what you are looking for. I was on a business trip to LA and had an early morning meeting in nearby Mission Viejo. I had just put my wife and kids on a plane for Paris, where we live, and I was thinking...why not just crash at the airport and get up early and drive to Mission Viejo. But then I thought...ugh. Early morning LA rush hour traffic? So I decided to just bite the bullet and head down there, and stay in a hotel somewhere. On this type of mission I am not picky. I am a bottom fisher. On other types of missions, particularly where my wife is with me, more luxe is required. Natch! And sometimes haut luxe. But as a camper at heart, I do not mind low budget. So I looked on Travelocity and this Travelodge in San Clemente popped up. The price was right, something like $75. This compared favorably to staying at LAX for what, $150? Also, we had a beloved Travelodge at Lax that just closed. It was lovely, with an interior court yard garden tended by long term employees, a pool, and 50’s type floor to ceiling picture windows and balconies so you could SMOKE! Ha! It was where Howard Hughes and Cary Grant and Ava Gardner used to stay because it had built right across the street from the original LAX terminal! All long gone, terminal and Travelodge, but it was a gem. So Travelodge had been a good experience. Would this one be?

And the answer is an unqualified yes. I was greeted by a very sweet family, mother and daughter. The mother I think from India, but an Americanized (whatever that means) daughter that sounded like she walked out of UCLA that afternoon. I was given a room in the back, which to my delight had a little balcony overlooking a municipal golf course. There are also rooms in front with balconies overlooking...the ocean! And the highway, but there is a small town aspect to San Clemente. The room was immacualte, and from my balcony I could see a man working on painting a little pillar on the courtyard below at 7pm. Figures. Probably the father, and it became clear to me that this gem of a hotel is maintained at a high level by the family. I got a call the following morning after I checked out letting me know that I had left an SD card in the room, and I appreciated the call.

So...yes I hesitate to write these reviews lauding a place so highly. Does it then become overbooked?

Not sure when I will be back in San Clemente, so why not share the wealth. I prefer these hotels then the ultra modern glass block Sheraton/DoubleTree/Hilton/Westin specials. Give me a sliding glass door and a balcony...and some air. Don’t hesitate on this spot IF they aren’t booked.Show less

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2019

The room was clean - but the hallways and stairwells were dirty and had dropped foodCertain areas smelled - like the front desk - the carpets in the room were worn and the chairs needed to be recoveredMy husband was very unhappy and wanted to leave a day early - but they wouldn’t refund our last days stay

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

A comfortable cozy stay near the ocean , with just enough amenities, without the added expense of a stay in the nearby upscale beach community of Dana Point.
San Clemente location offers a nice village downtown area with wonderful shops and restaurants, including a great “ not to miss” pier that makes it all worthwhile for a quick week end getaway of relaxing pleasures

Forget the expense of high hotel costs in Dana Point when you can have it all in a neighboring city just a short 10 minute coastal drive away.

Date of stay: November 2018