“Great staff Very Helpful”

Travelodge San Clemente Beach
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Hi,
This is a great place for the business traveler. It is quiet, reasonable, and close to the freeway. I also found the rooms to be very clean. The staff is very courteous and helpful also.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed January 17, 2008

I've actually stayed at this particular Travelodge twice & both times I had a very nice stay. I got a standard room & was upgraded to the suite (with the jet tub) free, since it wasn't occupied & I was staying for a week. The staff is very friendly and if you ever need something (towels, pillows, soap...etc) they come riht up and give it to you. I had no problems and the room ws spacious and the bed was comfortable. It was not noisey at all, seeing was though it is off of the busy 5 freeway. Very convenient if you need to get somewhere, the 5 is right across the way. There are restraunts and a local grocery store within 5 minutes from the hotel "Ralphs". Right next door there's a "mart", gas station & behind is a golfing range.

I would definitely recommend Travelodge to anyone. They even provide a nice covered parking spot for all customers in there's garage (free of course). I liked it because it was small, quiet & comfy. Stay here!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank stonegyrl
Reviewed October 16, 2007

We stayed 3 nights. The room was spacious, very clean, bathroom large, bed very comfortable. Even if we didn't have a balcony we could enjoy the view from a little terrace just outside the room. Staff very very friendly and helpful. Distance from the pier and the beach is minimal.For the price, we highly recommend it and we'll go back again!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We drove by and stopped, stayed due to cost. In the evening after driving all day we were tired...this looked like a decent motel we needed to park in back as room was on 1st floor in rear. Room was OK looked clean. front of room had balcony and overlooked busy highway. I left my cell phone there by mistake, room service found it and Nicky & Jenny (owners) sent it back to me via pre-paid fedex. It was very honest of them since it was a newer blackberry...I would stay there again if I was in the area as accomodations good and price was right.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2006

We spent one night at the San Clemente Travelodge and I found it to be expensive for the accomodations that we got. The motel is located right off the freeway so opening your windows will mean opening up your room to the soothing sounds of the freeway cars. Our window also opened up 4 feet from the the stucco walls of the next building and a partial view of the freeway.

We had to open the windows because although the room had a 'No Smoking" plaque on the door, when we walked in it immediately smelled of cigarette smoke. I guess the No Smoking sign is just there for the fire department because in our room were two ashtrays for our use.

Again for the amount that we paid for the night, I'm sure we could have gotten something nicer on El Camino Real (which is the main road in San Clemente). There were several little motels that looked cleaner and nicer than the Travelodge. We just needed a place to stay for the night so we thought that the Travelodge would suffice. Any future trips will involve staying as far away from the Travelodge as possible.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank ShakeItFast
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed February 15, 2006

We spent the weekend at the Travelodge in San Clemente. They had nice rooms but the beds were so hard and Very uncomfortable. Neither my husband or I had a good night of sleep. (He’s a marine and has slept in some weird places and he did not sleep very well.) We also paid extra for an “ocean view room” we saw barley the ocean. Mainly we saw the road, cars, and trees. Not even worth the extra money. How ever there was a microwave and a nice size fridge. The rooms we nice except for the bed. I probably would not stay there again. I like comfortable beds.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
chicago Il
Reviewed December 30, 2002

Has nice big comfortable rooms, small refrigerator and microwave. Inside parking/ nice helpful staff. We like privacy, and we never got hassled. The only thing the picture doesn't show is that the motel is right on the freeway, and its noisy with the door open to the outside. Its about 6 blocks to the beach. We would stay here again. Its inexpensive, free rolls and coffee in morning, and is just nice for its price range, about 70 dollars a night, and that was in August, San Clemente is a great place to vacation in.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member