“Go for the food, just go”
Review of Surfin' Chicken

Surfin' Chicken
Ranked #61 of 229 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Go for the food. Don't go for the decor, the ambience or the hip factor, because there isn't any. Go for the food. This is my secret place. The food is great, bargain prices, fast and nothing fancy. For 5 cents less than you pay for a sandwich you can get a 4-piece chicken lunch in a white plastic take-out box with guacamole, salsa, rice, beans and tortillas with your chicken in a lovely pool of what I take to be butter and garlic. I have tried their fish and it is great but I keep coming back for the chicken. Usually, I end up pulling over on my way back to work and scarfing most of it, careful to keep the paper bag underneath all and cleaning up when I get back to work. Oh look, it's lunch time! I know where I'm going...

2  Thank shaolynn

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Ibviously I had to try the chicken...It was great! Seasoned to perfection and you could tell it was cared for. Everything seemed fresh and hip. This was my first time going here and I was very impressed. And will be back next year on my next family trip!

1  Thank charlesrogers27
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Every time i come to visit south orange county,California. The first thing my daughter says is that she wants to go and eat at surfin chicken. When we used to live here her father would always invite us for his lunch break to eat there and would also bring some home for her. she loves the flavor of the chicken. "There no other place that has that type of chicken" thats what she tells me. & the owner is a great,funny guy and also a close family friend! so if u want to eat some yummy great chicken go try surfin chicken,they also have tacos.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Have been going to Surfin Chicken for many years and it is always the same the same, great! This is by far the best chicken you will ever have, cooked over open flames, basted with garlic and lemon, makes my mouth water just thinking about it. If you are lucky Jose will even come and sit and visit with you while you eat.

2  Thank scdiner
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Ok, The restaurant has been in the same location for over 25 Years. The owner is the nicest guy.
The prices are great. The Chicken and Ribs are the best. I myself have been eating there for over 20 Year. The Bathroom is very clean. Not remodel , but clean.