“Great Breakfast, Great View”
Review of Beach Garden Cafe - CLOSED

Beach Garden Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Temple City, California
“Great Breakfast, Great View”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had breakfast on the patio with a wonderful view of the Pacific Ocean. Food was plentiful and delicious. Always our favorite place to eat before we leave for home.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 47irenes

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic friendly service, great food”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Went today in our trip back to LAX. Friendly welcome, lively waitress who was obviously very busy but still had time to be helpful and attentive. The food was fresh and tasty. All round great place, just over from the beach so good views too.

1 Thank TinaS1985
San Clemente, California
“Funky little restaurant.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Love this little restaurant. It's across the street from the San Clemente Pier. Great any day of the week. Inexpensive, great service and good food.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Susan_Traveler33012
OC, CA
“Not our first visit, but probably our last visit”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have eaten here many times since we come to San Clemente often. We went yesterday morning for breakfast at around noon with two of our kids. They were busy and there was alot of people waiting for a table. I signed in with the hostess and she told me it would be a 20 minute wait. I was surprised that it was only 20 minutes with how many people were standing around waiting (looked more like a 40 or 60 minute wait), but I said ok and put my name in. After about 45 minutes I asked her if she knew how much longer it would be and she said that it would be another 20 minutes, there was nothing she could do, she couldn't control people talking and taking a long time to leave. I said to her that of course I understood that, what she could have done was to give us a realistic estimate of time from the beginning so we could make a decision if we wanted to wait or not. She either looked clueless or like she didn't much care, not sure which is worse. I then told her that even though we had 4 people we wouldn't mind being split up and sitting 2 and 2 in the same general section. There were other parties around us who were also complaining about the length of time they had to wait compared to what they were told. The hostess then sat 2 parties of 2 who had just come in 10 minutes before in the same spot that I told her we would take in order to get a table. At that point I did go talk to the owner and she just said it is not their policy to split up parties in that way, even though they had just done exactly that with another party of 7 who complained after waiting over an hour when they were told initially 15 minutes. We were finally seated at the table closest to the kitchen and restroom after waiting over an hour for a table. At that point I figured further complaining wouldn't help much so I didn't. We just sat there and ordered breakfast. The waitress was very rushed and we felt like she wouldn't stand there long enough to take our order so we had to talk fast. I ordered blueberry pancakes. They were ok except for the large pieces of burnt onion mixed into the pancake which gave it a peculiar and unpleasant flavor. My drink was never refilled and we were never offered water, so I had nothing to drink with half my meal. It seems that everything was haphazardly done, the service and the food. It's regretful because they have a very good location and we have not previously had a problem here, but I think next time I will probably just go to the grocery store and cook breakfast at home. At least there will be no burnt onions in my pancake!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mommyto5kiddos
Madrid, Spain
“Amazing food, friendly service, beautiful view!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've had breakfast and lunch here, and the food is great! The portions are very large, so be prepared to take some home. The oatmeal is SO good, which is an odd thing to enjoy so much! But it is. Parking is a bit tricky, and it gets busy at times, but its worth the wait. A new favorite of mine!
Also, GOOD COFFEE-- this is not always a given with a breakfast place! They even gave us some while we waited for our table. love it!

• Visited May 2013