“Can't wait to go back!!”

Always Inn San Clemente B&B
Ranked #2 of 7 San Clemente B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Alma is the best!!! She is a wonderful cook too!!! This place is exactly what the doctor ordered!!! Even though it wasn't too far from home, it felt like we hundreds of miles away. The town is beautiful and the location is perfect! Close to EVERYTHING!!!

Chris and Kate

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank her_bed_of_thorns

Reviewed July 19, 2011

What a surprise--a bed and breakfast with 5 star award winning food, an open door for our dog, and a host that went out of her way to make us at home, with a personalized birthday card and chocolate dipped strawberries for my special 60th birthday! Freda watched our dog while we spent the day on the beach, and we were able to take chairs, umbrella, and boogie board with us at no charge. On Sunday we wer informed of special deals at the street fair on produce, plants and herbs--in fact, Freda went with me to pick out some "deals" and I came home with an armload of beautiful orchid plants and herbs. As a master gardener, she repotted plants for me and gave me invaluable guidelines to care of my new plants. My husband (usually dying to get home) did not want to leave. Freda also took into consideration my special diet needs, and made a special batch of lowfat chocolate chip cookies, just for me. I feel like I have gained a new friend, and will be telling all to visit this wonderful little gem. We never felt more pampered and cared for--ever!

Room Tip: A couple of rooms have an area for extra seating, and two have sliding door to the patio for easy ac...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cookiet69
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed here for our Anniversary weekend. We stayed 2 nights and paid $438. It was not worth it. The room was very tiny as well as the bathroom. The bed was not as nice as my bed at home. The 4 block walk to the beach wasn't bad. But the flight of stairs you have to walk to get to the beach will kill you if you have bad knees.
Dale and Cindy were pleasant hosts though. They informed us on our last day that it was also their last day to host this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gevah
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Freda's Inn is a dreamy getaway in the heart of a "Spanish Village by the Sea". Traveling alone, I seek out a safe and peaceful environment and the Always Inn more than satisfied those needs. Parking was right outside the private patio entrance to my room. I enjoyed a private bath and an in-room refrigerator.
The Inn is a block from the main street which provides cafes, restaurants, and every shop imaginable. The beach and pier are within walking distance and the hills just east of the Inn are filled with hiking trails.
Freda gives new meaning to the art of hospitality. She likes to present an informal style which makes you feel like a member of her family. Pampering her guests doesn't even begin to describe her generosity and the amenities she offers. And, of course, the pies de resistance is the incredible (to die for) breakfast.
Always Inn San Clemente is a hidden secret worth sharing.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank robynlinn
Reviewed June 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted an overnight trip and we chose San Clemente. Not sure where to stay, we looked on trip advisor and Always Inn was ranked as the number one B&B...now I know why! From the moment we arrived we were welcomed with open arms and the hosts were lovely and gracious people. The house is adorable and surrounded by palm trees and foliage; it is gorgeous! The front living area has seating with a fireplace and there are movies and books to borrow as well which is a nice touch. There was also fresh fruit, chocolates, tea, water and just about every other little detail a vacationer could need right down to a little travel sewing kit. The room was cozy, comfortable and quiet. The location is great as well! Just a short and pretty walk down to the pier and nearby dining is abundant. Don't miss out on the great little gem!

Room Tip: I called and got a midweek special rate.
1  Thank shoho
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Always Inn B&B was a great place to spend my wife and my mini-honeymoon! Our room was cozy and comfortable! We're not big on fancy hotels, so this was right up our alley! Felt like a home away from home. Quiet and nice and down to earth. Cyndalina the innkeeper was warm and friendly and cooked a great breakfast! She'll accommodate whatever dietary needs you have! We didn't want to leave! We also got the added bonus of having the owner take care of us too and her cooking is also outstanding! Definitely check it out if you're looking for a nice romantic stay!

1  Thank swspiffy
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband surprised me with a 1-night getaway at the Always Inn B&B in San Clemente. We were greeted at the door by Freda (the owner) and her dog Indy 500. She showed us our quaint little room just off the main living room. Although the room wasn't big, it was very charming. My husband asked Freda to make a coconut gift basket for me and also had her get me a bouquet of my favorite flowers. Freda went out of her way to make a great gift basket with all kinds of neat goodies and she ordered me the most beautiful Star Gazer Lily bouquet I have ever seen.

The Inn is just steps from the main shopping fares which my husband and I were able to check out. Great little town (never been to it even though we live only 15 minutes away). Freda made us a candlelight dinner (salmon, ribeye steak, red potatoes, baby asparagus, salad, fresh bread, homemade ice tea...everything made to perfection), which we enjoyed in the beautiful garden area. I cannot describe how good the food was. Freda is an amazing cook!

The next morning she made quitadas (a cross between a quiche and a fritada) for breakfast along with the best fresh fruit salad, hashbrowns, baby red potatoes, fresh orange juice, coffee and muffins.

Freda is very warm and welcoming and really knows how to make you feel at home. Hospitality is truly her gift and we were so blessed to meet her and get to know her!

If you're looking for a nice little place to stay...definitely check out the Always Inn in San Clemente!

1  Thank moomooluvr