“Italian style”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Sonny's has an Italian atmospheric restaurant. I ordered veal parmigiana with penne and salad. The salad was scrumptious, but the Italian sauce on the veal was too saucy/sugary. There is parking in the back and, if you come early, on the street in front.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The first time I went to Sonny's I was only 18 years old. It's so delicious. It has a great patio. It even has it's own parking, although not much of it. I recommend heading to the street around back...and parking on the street. There's a foot path that leads right down into the parking lot. Always easier to get a parking spot back there. I like the pizza a lot. Their salads are yummy as well.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Sonny's is a San Clemente Italian favorite. I am guessing it's because we have no competition for a sit down Italian restaurant.

The sauces are riddled with sugar. I'd compare it to Ragu. I'm not the only local who feels this way. The pasta is good, without any sauce. But who wants sauce less pasta???

It's always busy and there's usually a 25 minute wait for a table during dinner hours. I cannot recommend this restaurant on its food merits alone. It simply is not above standard.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The first time we ate at Sonny's we were ready to send our pizza back as we were not accustomed to Sonny's extra crisp thin crust. Yes there really is a Sonny. Now we prefer it to the doughy style sold elsewhere. Our favorites are the pizza (topped with pineapple, sausage and peperoni please), and the Ravioli D'Amour. Try their desserts. We like enjoy their tiramisu. Throw in a few meatball and we are good to-go. Then tend to be a little busy/optimistic with their to-go times so expect to wait a little.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We remembered how good the food was from years ago, so we were excited to visit agin. The food was fantastic, but the service was terrible. It seemed like the waitress was trying to push us through our dinner. I waited too long for a second drink and we would have liked to stay longer, a few more drinks and dessert.