“I always come back, its just my favorite Sushi”

Takao Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 229 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I lived in San Clemente about 10 years ago and this became my favorite place always fresh and always great. I have moved out of state and back a few times and when ever I come home for a visit I have to get my favorite sushi. I now live in San Francisco area and I will be home this week end and my first stop will be lunch at Takao, If you want fresh sushi this is the place. Yes I am a fan 

Reviewed January 21, 2011

GREAT Food & Atmosphere! I don't understand why people are looking for the most authentic sushi in town. Taka-o was never meant to be about that. Its OC Sushi and its fun. Its not meant to be an overly serious Japanese Restaurant. Love this place.

Be sure to check out its Karaoke its awesome. Best San Clemente/OC Sushi joint in town! If I need authentic... I'd drive to LA.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

Great atmosphere . dim lit japan feeling, cool booths, good cocktails, fine japanese dinning.

Reviewed September 5, 2009

Before i use to hate sushi i had tried different restaurants and nothing cut it for me. One night my friends and i went into the Takaos and made me believer in sushi. I had their Oh No roll. Up yo these day i atleast go there 4 times a week.

Reviewed May 29, 2009

I have been going to taka-o for 8 years. Just to show how the food is, I am always comparing other places to this one. No one stands up to this place. The sushi chefs are always warm and friendly and make me feel right at home. They get involed and have alot of fun. I highly recomend that everybody try taka-o once. It will never be the same anywhere else.