“My absolute favorite restaurant!”

Takao Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 215 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Clemente, California
“My absolute favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I absolutely love this restaurant. I've been coming here for years and have never been dissapointed. I highly recommend their house Oh No! roll. Also, they have an amazing hand roll called the Kitchen Sink roll. The service is fantastic and the staff is all super friendly.

• Visited April 2011

Seattle, Washington
“Sushi was a mixed bag - nigiri better than the rolls”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My wife and I look forward to our trips out west, if for no other reason than the good sushi we usually find. This place served good nigiri, but the rolls were a decidedly mixed bag. Most used a krab filler (even the soft shell crab roll was bolstered with this mayo/white fish mix, which I asked be replaced with spicy tuna) and the two house specialty rolls came drenched in something they call tataki sauce, which over-powered the other flavors in the food. But the service was good and quick, and the fish tasted fresh. Given the other options in the area, I'm not sure I'd go back.

• Visited March 2011
San Francisco, California
“I always come back, its just my favorite Sushi”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I lived in San Clemente about 10 years ago and this became my favorite place always fresh and always great. I have moved out of state and back a few times and when ever I come home for a visit I have to get my favorite sushi. I now live in San Francisco area and I will be home this week end and my first stop will be lunch at Takao, If you want fresh sushi this is the place. Yes I am a fan 

• Visited January 2011
Diamond Bar, California
“Awesome! Best Sushi in town!”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

GREAT Food & Atmosphere! I don't understand why people are looking for the most authentic sushi in town. Taka-o was never meant to be about that. Its OC Sushi and its fun. Its not meant to be an overly serious Japanese Restaurant. Love this place.

Be sure to check out its Karaoke its awesome. Best San Clemente/OC Sushi joint in town! If I need authentic... I'd drive to LA.

• Visited September 2010
Laguna Niguel, California
“The best japanese in town or the surrounding 20 miles at least”
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Great atmosphere . dim lit japan feeling, cool booths, good cocktails, fine japanese dinning.