“don't go to antoines around closing time”
Review of Antoine's Cafe

Antoine's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 229 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My family and I entered Antoine's around 2:30, evidently while they close at three, the staff is over it way before that. We were treated like crap!! Horrible french fry's weird tasting albacore. One of the cooks even stuck his head out of the kitchen to shoot us a little stink eye. A very icy and uncomfortable experience.

5  Thank review59

Reviewed December 16, 2008

I live in the area and thought that this one should be rated higher so I thought I would write a review. I go to breakfast here all the time and LOVE IT! Most breakfast places you always end up ordering the same old thing, however their menu is great. My husband loves the breakfast crepes and I always get a herb and mushroom omelet. The atmosphere is cozy and it is walking distance from downtown San Clemente. I definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Sherry543
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Point Roberts, Washington
Reviewed March 12, 2008

If you can get up before noon on a weekend and get one of the 3 tables on "the patio" (i.e the parking lot) the food will save your life!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 30, 2007

We liked the coffee and light lunches served at the Antoine Cafe. Enticed by the posted ad saying that the chef directs a cooking class, we tried the dinner. Maybe, it was a chef's day off. They served the leftover from the previous day, heated in the oven (the plates were too hot to touch). The chicken were heated so many times that we could not cut them with a knife, not to mention the impossibility of chewing. The pasta was heated so many times that it was limp and inedible.

Go to Antoine Cafe for its breakfast, coffee, and light lunch. But, please do skip their dinner. You will be very disappointed.

2  Thank wtichu
Reviewed December 9, 2006

We usually go to Antoine's for breakfast.....breakfast there is fabulous. The food is fresh and light, not heavy and greasy like many breakfast places. The breakfast is great, so are the fish tacos and any of their soups.......in fact, everything has been delicious.

We finally tried Antoine's for dinner, and found it to be just as good in the evening. They are open for dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. The meatloaf dinner was great, salads are yummy and the deserts sounded good too.

The atmosphere is comfy and cozy in the evening and the servers are so friendly and competent. Definitely try it out for yourself!

3  Thank surfergirlsc