“Great Charbroiled Burgers with a Huge Side of Friendly Service!”
Review of Habit Burger Grill

Habit Burger Grill
Ranked #62 of 229 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place was a struggling Carl's Jr. that just couldn't make it w/out drive-thru service. I had stopped at the original Habit in Goleta and was glad to learn of one opening up in San Clemente. During the first few months after it opened the lines were always out the door and around the corner. Then one rainy mid week afternoon I noticed no line, so I had to try it. The menu seems more devoted to burgers and fries than the one in Goleta, and it's certainly not as funky, but the burgers are every bit as tasty!

If you are looking for a great burger at a reasonable price, you have to try the Habit. Trust me you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food here was great. Everyone had a burger or sandwich and all were fresh and tasty. The place was packed and seating was not very comfie. Perhaps they don't want comers and stayers! I thought the food was a bit over-priced for what we got and wasn't special enough to wait in a long line for again. The food however was very good.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stopped by here totally at random for lunch. Glad I did. I got a char burger and salad with grilled chicken. They were made to orger, but came quickly. I'm here on business for just a day from the east coast, so the first thing I noticed was how fresh the burger and salads tasted. The burger was so juicy, I didn't bother with ketchup or mustard. The salad was good size for the price. To top it off the managers and staff were smiling and helpful. Good to see that a a burger place. If they keep it up, this Habit has a future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was excited to see the addition of the new Habit restaurant in our neighborhood. Since much of my family is from Santa Barbara, and I had eaten at the Habit a few times, it seemed like a great addition to San Clemente. And, I was happy to see the long lines and enthusiasm people here had for a new restaurant.

So, after the crowds died down a bit, I decided to try it. My first visit included the charburger - at a good price - but after a few bites the mayonaise sauce began to creep out profusely. Since I haven't included mayonaise for a few years, I wasn't too excited about this. Next time I went, I ordered the burger without the mayonaise sauce. Now it came dry and what I tasted was salt. A lot of salt. I was thirsty for hours and the burger itself tasted dry.

The last time I went, I ordered mustard instead of the mayonaise. It arrived dripping with mustard. Almost to the consistency of the mayonaise sauce. And, you guessed it, it was extremely salty due to the salty nature of the burger enhanced by salty mustard.

So, at this point, I'm less impressed. Yes, there's extra sandwiches, but those price points are a bit high, and I might go somewhere where I could have a glass of wine at those prices. What I was excited about was the thought of having a great burger at a reasonable price - more like an In and Out. That's a burger that you can't beat.

The Habit? Still a good addition to San Clemente because it adds to the options, but it's not going to be one of my "go to" places. I'm still thinking the former "Crispins Restaurant" would be a great In and Out location. Who knows? Maybe....

Finally, and this is personal, the pics of Santa Barbara are great, but come on, this is San Clemente, and I'd like to see local pics. We're not inland nor out-of-state. How come not pics of our beautiful beach town. That's disappointing!

1  Thank keyze
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband still prefers Schwack's Burgers, but since I always get a veggie burger, this is by far the best in town-comes on whole wheat bun. Love the unlimited jalapeno slices, pepperoncini, and yellow wax peppers. Also, like having A-1, Worcestershire, & Cholula sauce available. Delicious, and clean. Great new addition to the San Clemente, line up.