“Tasty Thai in San Clemente, CA”

Mongkut Thai Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 216 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mojave, California
“Tasty Thai in San Clemente, CA”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Decided to try Mongkut Restaurant even though I was sure the food was cooked with MSG. I asked if their Thai dishes could be cooked without MSG and was assured, if requested, the fresh shrimp Thai style would be delicious. I asked and the Mongkut Restaurant delivered.

• Visited November 2013

San Clemente, California
“A hands on family restaurant”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The owner and his wife seem to really stay on top of their restaurant. There are lots of great dishes to choose from. We especially enjoy the pad Thai, Curry chicken, the Chicken Satay, the spicy beef salad and their soups. We often take their food to go, although eating in improves your chance of a correctly prepared meal. If you get their food to go, be sure to stir in the extra chili seasonings that put on the top of the curry...

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank RealRoadWarrior
San Clemente, California
“Family's favorite restaurant”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My sons and I have been coming to this restaurant for almost 20 years!! It's where we go first when someone comes to town. The owner/manager and his wife/chef are terrific hosts and cooks. Our favorites are the Pad Thai and Curried Chicken. I highly recommended it.

• Visited October 2013
Mission Viejo, California
“Decent South OC Thai Option”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been here multiple times, and it is good but nothing special. The only reason it gets 4 stars is for the amazing Panang Curry. All of the other dishes I have tried are simply decent and can be found cheaper and just as good at any other Thai restaurant. Other than that the place is small if cute, but the service is always mediocre.

• Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“First Timer”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've heard great things about this place, and last night finally got to try it. The quality was fantastic. The flavors were good, but I found them bland. Maybe it was simply what we ordered? They have a huge menu, so I plan on trying them again and getting new things.

Visited September 2013