“Spacious bar remodel - Same great food! But, hey - Fix the Catfish!!”
Review of Iva Lee's

Iva Lee's
Reserve with OpenTable
Iva Lee's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 229 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Avenida Palizada
Transit: Bus stop nearby
Description: Dinner House with Cocktail Lounge. Open Tuesday thru Saturday from 5 pm to close. Live Music Wednesday thru Saturday. Closed Sunday & Mondays. Dancing in Lounge
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have always enjoyed Iva Lee's for its great Louisiana cuisine and friendly atmosphere at the bar.

Unfortunately, the bar area was very small and when live musicians were playing, it was impossible to have a conversation with anyone. But they have knocked out the wall to the left, added what must be another 20 feet, and moved the band stand well beyond the three feet distance from the bar that it used to be!

Back to the food, which is the best part of Iva Lee's: So many of their dishes are absolutely delicious, however, in hopes that they read this review and make a change, I have to say, that was the worst catfish I have ever had, on my last visit. It had a thick and tasteless batter and the fish inside was hard and chewy. Truely a disappoinment, especially since I regard a good fried catfish meal as a rare tasty indulgence, and I expected it to be much better. Come on y'all - you know better !!! I know you will get it fixed.

My two favorites right now: The Gumbo (of course) and the Meatloaf Sliders.... Wow - Awesome!! I'll be back for more...

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved hanging at the bar, Great bartender Dan ! He was awesome , the food is tasty and the happy hour or late night eating was great. I would be back to this place (live music and drink specials) what more can you ask for!!

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Iva Lees the night before Mother's Day, I was pretty impressed. The French bread and cornbread on the table to start was great. My husband and I split an amazing french onion soup and the pork loin I had was delicious. My husband had the baked chicken and he loved the BBQ sauce. We shared a wonderful creme brulet for dessert. They have live music Thursday through Sunday each week and just expanded the bar area to include a dance floor. We will be back!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I told my wife we could try something new this week and we chose Iva Lees and Im glad we did .
I stopped by ealy during the day and made a reservation and was told that Saturdays were tough and the patio was the only option but the Louisiana style menu looked good so we gave it took it.
The patio was warm and the service was good ,considering how crowded the place was , we ordered drinks and the cheese and meat plate as a starter and it was spot on . The olives, walnuts and apples added a nice touch as the hams and cheeses where pungent . for mains I had the steak and it was tender with a nice cherry sauce the had shrimp and grits which she seemed to like . We finished with irish coffees and they were the weakest part of the meal. I would say if your in town and your budget allows give this place a try. I am sure in the summer withe patio open its probably nice ,if your planning on the weekend do have a reservation and the bar jumps pretty good and they do play live music so dont drink to much and drive .

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've tried Iva Lee's 9 times over the years. Perhaps I've just been spoiled by the great chefs in New Orleans who have shared their recipes with us, but I consistently leave wishing the food and service were better so I could refer more of my guests there.

1  Thank FredaDS