“Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Fire

Beach Fire
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 213 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ola Vista
Transit: OCTA provides a stop in front of the restaurant. You can also take the train and get off at the San Clemente Pier stop. We are right up the hill on Del Mar.
Beaumont, California
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I visit San Clemente once or twice a year. It had been a while since we ate at Beachfire so we decided to go for dinner. We were not disappointed as the food and service was excellent. My wife had a salad that she said was very good and I had the Lobster and Shrimp Tacos. The Lobster and Shrimp Tacos were among the best I have had with a generous filling and a very tasty creamy Habenaro sauce. It also included rice and black beans. They have a nice menu that is certain to have something that will satisfy most diners. The front of the restaurant is a sports bar that can be very noisy; however, the dining room does extend back and you can get a quieter spot away from the bar. If you are in San Clemente please give it a try, you will not be disappoined.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Horrible service and food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

When everything goes wrong from the get-go, you know how it's going to turn out, right? Here is what happened, summarized:
* Waiter seemed nervous since the first moment - must have been new, poor guy.
* Brought out wrong drink for one of the kids (there were 5 in our party with 3 children).
* Never got us the right drink.
* Our son ordered the pasta with olive oil and parmesan (parmesan is standard) - well, the parmesan took over 10 minutes to arrive, so pasta was cold by then, we asked for it 3 times.
* My husband and I got our plates switched and we couldn't tell because they were both taco dishes, we noticed after the first bite. UGH! (waiter gave us wrong meals).
* We specifically said NO DAIRY and both dishes had creamy sauces on them. Geez. Do you know what NO DAIRY means?
* The tacos were completely different from other times we've visited, they were sooooooooooooo spicy, I took one bite and almost threw up.
* Called manager and he simply said: "yes, we changed the way we make our shrimp and lobster tacos" - why in the HE... would they do that when they used to be delicious?
* Manager looked at me point blank and said: "what do you want me to do?" but the way he said it, he was frustrated and not in the mood to deal with the mistakes THEY made, which were cream on tacos and changing the menu on us WITHOUT letting us know (the menu certainly didn't mention it was cooked different and very spicy).
* At that moment both my husband and I cancelled our orders. He has severe acid reflux and cannot handle tacos that spicy, why would you fix something that AIN'T broken, folks? Really?
ALL restauranteurs that are successful are CONSISTENT and do not change things that work. We came here just for these delicious tacos that they USED TO make and now they are blackened and nasty! If you like spice, well great, but not everyone like it that way. Oh, by the way, since it was so spicy, I checked piece by piece and they only had shrimp, there was ZERO lobster in there. Hmmmm... Tricky!
The waiters suddenly switched on us and a nicer, more experience one came out and apologized for everything and even told us to please come back one day. Wow, HE should be the manager, not that older manager guy that couldn't care less about what happened to us! We got our adult meals comped and we left.
Do you know where we went? BAJA FRESH, yes, my husband and I were starving, not 5 star dining but their tacos were FAR BETTER than the ones at Beachfire Grill.
NEVER AGAIN, will NEVER EVER come back here again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Albany, NY
“Comfortable spot with good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

On a recent trip to San Clemente, constant companion and I invited a group of friends to join us for dinner. Made a reservation for the 8 of us, requesting the outside patio area. We arrived and were promptly shown to our table in the comfortable outdoor section. Food and service were excellent except for one item. If you are a New Englander, or just a lover of great New England clam chowder, I think you'll be disappointed. Their 'take' on the traditional recipe adds a truffle oil which simply did not work for our taste. Other than that, the rest of the experience was very good. In addition, they have a friendly, comfortable bar area featuring live music many evenings. We'd definitely stop by again.

• Visited September 2012
San Clemente, California
“Innovative food!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The menu does change. They took off my favorite item. The Tortilla Soup. It was sooooo good! Thick, black bean base, topped with slivered crunchy tortilla strips, avo and sour cream.

Visited March 2012
hamble
“Great place if you are into art”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Lovely restaurant up from the beach good atmosphere and lively setting. Food is quick to come out and the service casual . You can buy the art work that's on the walls so double whammy .