“4 STARS FOR THE FOOD” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Irvine
“4 STARS FOR THE FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you are visiting San Clemente you might want to have lunch at this tiny place on Del Mar Avenue. We never knew it existed until someone recommended it when we were discussing how bad the restaurant, the Calypso was, just up the street. First, it is a walk-up counter type of restaurant with not a lot of seating. We sat outside near the sidewalk where there might be all of 5 tables and we were lucky to get that with the crowd. I ordered a turkey sandwich. I swear you can tell a good place by their turkey sandwiches. I start a restaurant with that. If they can do a good turkey sandwich, there is hope for the rest of the menu. It was perfect. Fresh everything and advertising no chemicals. Very tasty and very good. Husband had a wrap and raved about it. Why 5 stars? It is the top of their venue for food. It's small, not fancy, in the middle of a cute beach town, very easy on the wallet, great chemical-free food and the top of the list for tasty!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great healthy option and lots of vegetarian choices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We asked at our hotel for quick local place that was vegetarian friendly and they were right on with this recommendation! Order at counter with a few outdoor tables for enjoying the southern California weather. Veggie burger was great as was basic turkey sandwich (I had on whole wheat but several other choices available). Food was ready quickly, reasonably priced and taste was high quality. Amazing smoothies as well!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
So. California
“Love this healthy food fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great smoothies, sandwich's and homemade soups. Love stopping in for a quick shake and wrap!

Visited April 2012
Dana Point, California
“Great food, not so good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

I absolutely love going to Captain Mauris! I can always expect the same great food everytime I go. The Bombay melt is my favorite and the honey strawberry lemonade is fabulous. The other thing that is consistent is the unfriendly service from the female workers (the men are very friendly). I don't know why but they seem miserable that they have to work there. I've been eating at Captain Mauris ever since it opened and I only come back because I love the food, not because of the service.

• 1 of 5 bubbles