“Tiny location, Big taste & servings”
Review of Cafe Rae

Cafe Rae
Ranked #43 of 221 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this wonderfully and trippy breakfast spot and since we prefer local restaurants decided to try it. Wow we were glad we did!

Even though the sole employee was our order taker, cook and bussed he was friendly. We did not have to wait long and even though I'm very picky about how my eggs are cooked, they were done perfectly...the first time! All of our food was delicious and the fruit was fresh, not the usual tasteless stuff usually served elsewhere.

I agree I'm hesitant to share this treasure but they deserve the kudos!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Rae

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This husband and wife team are amazing! Food is hearty, creative, and above all, delicious! Plenty of options for everyone... they allow all sorts of substitutions for different diets. Small place so its best first thing one the morning. Do yourself a favor: next sunday, grab breakfast at 8 here and stroll the farmer's market afterwards... :)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

. . .only because it is already small, a little loud, but oh so worth a visit! We just happened upon this place, but I can say it was and is one of our most favorite places! Friendly, creative menu with specials, and small, but fun! I had the special huevos ranchos with Cuban chicken...so good! We also ordered the blueberry coconut pancakes that were so big we had to take them home and enjoy them later. Fresh fruit available. Just good food all around! We ate brunch but can't wait to try a lunch. Even at brunch it is crowded, but certainly worth any wait!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Cute and unique interior. Blueberry, coconut pancakes to die for. I had Cuban chicken huevos rancheros that were fresh and real. I loved the food and the cook and waiter were so personable and friendly. Hope I get to go back again someday.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Is the first time I ate at this adorable little café in San Clemente today. We each ordered omelettes. My sweetheart had a bacon avocado and cheese omelette. I had a sausage mushroom and cheese omelette. Are the owners who are husband-and-wife team are so nice. Jenny is the wife and she makes beautiful silkscreen products. It's a cozy little café with a lot of wonderful bright colors. Will be back!