“First Date”

9 Style Sushi
Ranked #40 of 221 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Food was excellent!! Looks like a hole in the wall but totally impressed me!! Best Sushi in SC!! Went there on a first date had a great time and the sushi was delicious!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I love to eat sushi, and I have eaten at dozens of sushi spots in the area. I lived in San Clemente for at least five years before even hearing about 9 Style from a friend. Before it was remodeled, it was the definition of "hole in the wall" but now the interior is really nice. What hasn't changed is the quality of the sushi. Hands down, this is the best sushi in the area. They take the "art" of sushi very seriously and each fish is presented in a unique way that accentuates the flavor and surprises you with how good it is. Forget the soy sauce- you won't need it. One caution- this place is small and it is very hard to get a table if you don't get there early.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

9 Style in San Clemente is the best sushi place around! Fresh, creative, delicious rolls. Super nice employees always greet you when you walk in and when you leave. Can't tell you what my favorite roll is because they are all so yummy! But do try the Garlic 9, the 9 Style salad, and the Mokari hand roll!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I almost walked away when I first saw the place. I'm glad I stayed. EXCELLENT food, good service, but the exterior is gross, the interior is uninspired, and the low seats at the sushi bar make you feel like you're an elf.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The sushi was so fresh, the service was amazing! I ordered take out and the waiter who took my order even walked me out and opened the door for me. A Japanese greeting each time you enter and exit. The place opened for dinner at 5 and by 5:20 it was packed!
If sushi is a treat, I would highly recommend this place!