“dingy but delicious”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“dingy but delicious”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I almost walked away when I first saw the place. I'm glad I stayed. EXCELLENT food, good service, but the exterior is gross, the interior is uninspired, and the low seats at the sushi bar make you feel like you're an elf.

• Visited March 2014

Prince George, Canada
“Fantastic! Highly recommended!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The sushi was so fresh, the service was amazing! I ordered take out and the waiter who took my order even walked me out and opened the door for me. A Japanese greeting each time you enter and exit. The place opened for dinner at 5 and by 5:20 it was packed!
If sushi is a treat, I would highly recommend this place!

• Visited January 2014
Laguna Beach, California, USA
“Favorite Sushi in OC”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place has the freshest and best sushi around. Great ambiance and good prices too. Try the Seared Yellowtail Jalapeno Roll!

Visited October 2013
eagle
“fresh and yummy”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Friends from San Clemente recommended we all eat here. It's tiny and right in town. If i was a local, i would have known of this place but since it is tucked away on a side street, perhaps we would not have known about it. The rolls are without tons of rice which has always annoyed me no end. We shared a variety of different rolls, fish ad veggies, wonderful non filtered saki; the name escapes me at the moment. Our friends had a 50 % off coupon if our bill was $40 plus, so it was very reasonably priced. May need reservations because it is a small place.

• Visited October 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fresh Sushi and Friendly Service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Located a block off of Del Mar in downtown San Clemente, this nondescript restaurant serves great sushi and offers friendly service. My wife and I had dinner on a Monday night and the place was packed all night.

We will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013