“DIEDRICH COFFEE HAS RESURFACED”

The Grill at Surfin Donuts
Ranked #21 of 216 Restaurants in San Clemente
Scottsdale, Arizona
“DIEDRICH COFFEE HAS RESURFACED”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

For those of you who remember how good Diedrich's coffee shops were especially the one in Laguna Beach.....This Surfin Donuts coffee house serves diedrich coffee and it tastes just as good as I remembered it. Their bakery is outstanding with some good old fashion tastes too.
We have been in San Clemente since Sunday and I have picked up morning coffee three times already with of course a taste of the baked goods too. Seems funny to have a coffee house rated the #2 restaurant in a city but go there and you will find out why this is so.
It looks like it is a family operation and I understand they have been doing this for 16 years according to one of the owners Lee.

• Visited August 2012

San Clemente, California
“Best donuts, period.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Awesome donuts at both locations and great breakfast options at the location closer to Ave Del Mar. I've had donuts from all of the joints in San Clemente and nearby and none of them compare to Surfin Donuts. I recommend their custard filled and their devil's food donuts.

• Visited February 2012
San Clemente, California
“Great place”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Their breakfast sandwiches and burritos are the best. The donuts are good too. The parking is sometimes a problem, but it is worth the walk.

Visited July 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wow!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stopped in for a quick breakfast before my son's baseball game and glad I did! I ordered a croissant breakfast sandwich and was surprised to find the ham, cheese and jalapeños were baked inside the croissant. It was really delicious and well priced. Get there early though because by 930 they were out of some other flavors. My son ordered a glazed and I got a cinnamon crumb cake donut as well. He devoured his and I have to say mine was one of the better donuts I've had. Stop on in, you won't be disappointed.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great donuts!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We walked across the street from our hotel and their continental breakfast 2 days and had great donuts for a great price. The apple fritters were awesome!

Visited July 2012