“We had a wonderful time in beautiful San Clemente Inn”
Review of San Clemente Inn

San Clemente Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed July 30, 2009

The San Clemente Inn was the perfect place for my family. It was clean and the place is well equiped, swimming pool, spa, internet, BBQ. The staff was friendly. We had a newly renoved room. I'll go back anytime.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for San Clemente Inn

Reviewed June 22, 2009

We've been coming to this hotel for years with our kids and friends. The hotel is conveniently located next to San Onofre State Beach. Very family friendly with a great game room, pool, two jacuzzi's, BBQ's, ping pong and a restaurant that serves a good breakfast. Reminds me of the old school hotels with the Murphy beds which my kids love. However, if you stay in the upgraded rooms on north side of the lobby, it's great, but the rooms on the south side are in desperate need of upgrades, the furniture is worn and stained. The front desk is very strict about their check-in/out policies on the weekend and rooms with views are first-come, first serve. Front desk staff is all about the rules, you'll notice signs everywhere throughout the property. With that being said, we'll still go back, we like the location and try to go during the off season when we're more likely to get a better room with a view.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank travelerkl
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I have to admit, I trusted the last review for this resort and booked a week through RCI after my son's graduation. The moment we opened the door we knew we were in the wrong place. A huge stain on the mismatched chair, a couch that caused me to start to itch from the moment we sat down and a stove that 'nobody ever uses' greeted us. I've been a timeshare member for over 15 years, this was the worst unit by far I have seen in the network. Thank God for the internet and laptops(at least there wireless service is modern)- we were able to get something about 15 miles away. I should've heeded some of the older reviews but I really liked this location... but not the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank coachKC
Reviewed January 2, 2009

We are owners at The San Clemente Inn. After reading the reviews I would say most of these people have never stayed at a timeshare and don't know what to expect. It is typical to have to put out your own trash, have cleaning every 3 days even at the Hilton and Marriott where we also own or have stayed. No the Inn isn't the Hilton or a Marriott but you also don't pay the high prices.What hotel does your laundry for free anyways?It is a affordable place to stay if you have a family. We have been there 3 times this past year and can't wait to go back. So pack you bags, don't forget your groceries, quarters for parking and make some memories.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank taebo_mommy
Reviewed December 17, 2008

We stayed here for 1 night after landing at LAX, thinking it would be a nice, chilled out place to relax before our drive to Arizona the next day. We were pleased with the hotel as it was in a nice location, had a clean, spacious lobby and very friendly staff. The only thing that I didn't like about the place was the bed - it's my fault really as I didn't bother to check out what a "Murphy Bed" was! Turns out that it's a bed which folds out of the wall, which wasn't quite what I was expecting! It was comfy enough but nowhere near as nice as a real bed, and the blankets were a little threadbare. The room itself was a nice size though and was very clean. One thing to note is that the hotel restuarant closes early and the only other places to eat are over the freeway (so if you fancy a drink with your dinner you might be out of luck). The main street of San Clemente (over the freeway) was really pretty with lots of places to eat and drink so I think that next time we'll probably find somewhere there to stay. This hotel was nice but had a few things that just weren't right for us, I'd certainly recommend it for families though as it seemed much more geared towards that kind of audience rather than a young couple.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BerkshireMash
Reviewed December 2, 2008

My husband & I along my 15 year old son and a friend just spent the week of Thanksgiving here. We exchanged through our timeshare. As always I read all of the reviews and went with a positive attitude as we are not hard to please people. We were not dissappointed. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and even suggested the best rooms for our stay. We had the Crest which is the largest unit and it provided a bedroom for my husband and I as well as 2 pull out twin Murphy beds and a queen size sofa bed in the living room area. There were 2 bathrooms, 1 equipped with a shower. The room was perfect for our needs. The room was clean, there were plenty of towels and housekeeping came daily if for nothing else but to empty the garbage. If we needed something in between there was no problem getting it. There was plenty to do at the resort including ping pong, pool, air hockey, tennis, basketball, shuffle board and swimming. The front desk had a nice selection of DVD's that were free to use and each room had a DVD player. They also had some board games for use as well. We did not take advantage of eating at Adele's, the restaurant on site because when we were home for meals we ate in and used the grills. There are several grocery stores nearby. Being located about an hour between LA and San Diego offers a lot of options for things to do. The beach is just down the road from the resort and walking to it was not a problem. Overall, we had a wonderful trip and if we ever planned on visiting the area again we would not hesitate to stay at the San Clemente Inn.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Debski65
Reviewed June 25, 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the San Clemente Inn the first week of June. My wife and I took our 18 year old daughter and friend on vacation to SoCal. Our accomodations were the larger Crest room with one bedroom, hide-a-bed, and two murphy beds. The room was clean and recently renovated, and worked perfectly for us during the week as we were on the go both to the north (L.A.) and to the south (San Diego). The entire staff from the front desk people to maintenance and housekeeping were friendly and extremely helpful. Pool, hot tub, game room, athletic courts, and DVD library were great. My daughter and her friend caught up on more than their share of movies late into the night. The San Clemente State Beach is a 1/4 mile or so stroll down a steep hill along the road. If you walk, it can be a pretty taxing climb back up the hill to the Inn. There is a great exercise trail that can be accessed at the parking lot at the beach. It is highly used, parallels the beach, and leads to the San Clemente pier and beyond. It is great for running, walking, biking, etc. For golfers, the San Clemente Municipal Golf Course is directly across the interstate from the Inn. The inn is easily accessible to the interstate, which in turn provides access to all the SoCal has to offer. Remember that this is more of a timeshare (we made our arrangements through Trading Places) so if you expect everyday housekeeping and can't put out your own garbage by 9:00 A.M., this Inn might not work for you. If you enjoy meeting people, and enjoy the SoCal sun and surf, this is a great place to stay. We would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family