“A Family Favorite!!!”
Review of San Clemente Inn

San Clemente Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We always enjoy this quiet, quaint resort in sunny Southern Cali. The staff at San Clemente Inn is super friendly, often going above and beyond responding to our requests. The rooms are clean with just the right amount of amenities and we love keeping the windows open in the evenings to listen to the ocean. The location is withing walking distance to the San Clemente beach, which is SUPER clean and a short drive to the local shopping and dining. We enjoy the pool, the hot tub, and Adele's restaurant the most. This is a very laid back, relaxing place to visit!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyFave

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were wary after reading some of the reviews. So much so that I called the resort and asked some questions before exchanging through RCI. I was assured that the units were clean and we would not be disappointed, so we went ahead and booked. We listened to other reviewers and were there for early check in. The rooms are generally not ready until 3 or 4PM but to get your choice of rooms you need to show up early for the best selection. We requested a "renovated" unit which was ready by 2PM and, although still a bit dated, was very clean and comfortable. It was a 1 bedroom with a king, twin murphy beds, a bath with standup shower, and partial kitchen. The living area has a loveseat and chair as well as a small dining table. The kids loved the murphy beds which were actually very comfortable. Our partial kitchen was surprisingly well stocked, enough so that with a little creativity we cooked 5 full dinners there.

The resort is ideally situated about an hour from both San Diego and LA so we used it primarily as a base to tour from. We weren't there a lot but we did get to use the pool and hot tubs which were clean and well kept. There also is a nice picnic area with grills which we never got to use. The resort staff was extremely friendly and helpful. What we found great was that housekeeping came in every day to clean, exchange towels, and resupply paper and cleaning goods just like in a hotel. I generally travel with dishwasher tabs, extra coffee filters, etc. because we always run out and most resorts do not restock these items. We have done many timeshare exchanges and this is not typical of most resorts without an extra fee.

After 6 days we did need to do laundry. There are 2 laundry facilities on site which have hours of 9AM to 8PM. Since we did so much site seeing we had a hard time getting there during these hours. The morning we finally did, we waited at the door from 8:45AM until the maintenance man unlocked the door. We were in front of the line and other guests were disappointed that they had to wait to use the facility. No one wants to spend their vacation time doing laundry. We really missed having a washer and dryer in the unit although with the limited space I understand why they are not offered.

The resort is situated adjacent to the state park which is beautiful. If you want to go to the beach though, drive your car. The walk down is fine but coming back up is a hike. The waves were too big for our kids but they enjoyed watching all the surfers. For swimming we went further up the coast. Some reviewers complained about the noise from I-5 which is also very close. We were on the far side of the resort and never heard any traffic noise. In fact the resort was very quiet and peaceful. Overall, I highly recommend this resort and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Arrive around 12-1PM for early check-in to get your choice of units
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank DFfamilytravels
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have been going there with my wife's family every year since we have been married. We really enjoy the San Clemente Inn and the surrounding area. This year was even better since they recently completed a remodel and the new rooms look great. It is not a 5 star resort, but it is a good, clean property. The resort is very close to the beach and is convenient to the freeway with lots of fun things in San Diego and LA. My only complaints are that there is not a child lock on the door and so there is no way to stop my kids from opening the front door and walking out and no bath tub, just showers.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank scubahoops
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I recently went with my girlfriends down to the San Clemente Inn, and boy was I surprised!!! We stayed in a large suite that slept 6 people and had 1 and 1/2 baths. Plenty of room to lounge and relax.
The resort offers FREE parking, FREE wifi, FREE recreational activities, and best of all Free DVD rentals. Honey...I love the word FREE...let me tell you!!!
On Saturday night, we checked out the FABULOUS DRAG SHOW called "BeDazzled" at Adele's restaurant located in the lobby. We were blown away by the show and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good time!
Even though the resort is only 3 1/2 blocks away from the beach, my girlfriends and I just stayed by the heated pool and soaked up the sun!!!!
Can't wait to go back soon for some R&R!!!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the State Park of San Clemente! Just gorgeous!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank EthylinaSuperStar
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Me and my girlfriends come to San Clemente each year, and usually stay at other places in San Clemente. We hadn't heard of the San Clemente Inn until a friend told us about it recently, and so we decided to try it out. I must say that some of the reviews I read here almost made me book someplace else, however my friend swore it was a great place to stay so we booked a room.

We had one of their one bedroom suites that slept 6 (Crest I think it is called). It had a 3/4 bath and a 1/2 bath too. We women LOVED having two bathrooms to get ready in! :D The unit had a kitchenette with a microwave and dishwasher and a refrigerator. They also had everything we needed to cook lunch/dinner with, including a blender! The Front Desk staff were extremely nice at check in and told us about the free wireless and DVD rentals, which we used. Their pool area is relaxing and we especially loved the back lawn area - so beautiful!

Housekeeping came by daily to check on us (we were there for only 3 days) to make sure we weren't in need of anything. One day our light bulb in the kitchen area went out and when we reported it a Maintenance gentleman was there within 15 min to take care of it.

The only thing that was a bummer is that it isn't necessarily close to downtown San Clemente and cabs are a rare treasure to find in this city if you didnt want to drive.

We just loved this place and will recommend it to everyone! We didnt get a chance to eat at the restaurant, though we heard they had excellent food too.

Room Tip: When we called to book our reservation, the clerk said to be there by 1:00pm for preregistration. Y...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank socalgal33
Reviewed July 15, 2011

If you want outstanding service,especially Jefferey one of the managers, a great pool side retreat, comfortable rooms and a superb location you should stay at this wonderful hotel. We will be back over and over again.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room the sunsets are amazing
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank zayde04
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We had a great experience at this resort. It is family friendly and nicely kept. The recent renovations make it even more comfortable. The grounds and amentities are in top shape. Manager Lisa Francesconi Esterhuizen runs a tight ship and stays on top of things, but she is friendly and service oriented. Her welcoming attitude is reflected throughout her staff. I highly recommend this resort. We stay at several resorts, including Gold Crown properties, but this one is our favorite.

Room Tip: Request a unit on the back row.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family