“Love it and go back every summer”
Review of San Clemente Inn

San Clemente Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have been going there with my wife's family every year since we have been married. We really enjoy the San Clemente Inn and the surrounding area. This year was even better since they recently completed a remodel and the new rooms look great. It is not a 5 star resort, but it is a good, clean property. The resort is very close to the beach and is convenient to the freeway with lots of fun things in San Diego and LA. My only complaints are that there is not a child lock on the door and so there is no way to stop my kids from opening the front door and walking out and no bath tub, just showers.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank scubahoops

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I recently went with my girlfriends down to the San Clemente Inn, and boy was I surprised!!! We stayed in a large suite that slept 6 people and had 1 and 1/2 baths. Plenty of room to lounge and relax.
The resort offers FREE parking, FREE wifi, FREE recreational activities, and best of all Free DVD rentals. Honey...I love the word FREE...let me tell you!!!
On Saturday night, we checked out the FABULOUS DRAG SHOW called "BeDazzled" at Adele's restaurant located in the lobby. We were blown away by the show and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good time!
Even though the resort is only 3 1/2 blocks away from the beach, my girlfriends and I just stayed by the heated pool and soaked up the sun!!!!
Can't wait to go back soon for some R&R!!!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the State Park of San Clemente! Just gorgeous!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank EthylinaSuperStar
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Me and my girlfriends come to San Clemente each year, and usually stay at other places in San Clemente. We hadn't heard of the San Clemente Inn until a friend told us about it recently, and so we decided to try it out. I must say that some of the reviews I read here almost made me book someplace else, however my friend swore it was a great place to stay so we booked a room.

We had one of their one bedroom suites that slept 6 (Crest I think it is called). It had a 3/4 bath and a 1/2 bath too. We women LOVED having two bathrooms to get ready in! :D The unit had a kitchenette with a microwave and dishwasher and a refrigerator. They also had everything we needed to cook lunch/dinner with, including a blender! The Front Desk staff were extremely nice at check in and told us about the free wireless and DVD rentals, which we used. Their pool area is relaxing and we especially loved the back lawn area - so beautiful!

Housekeeping came by daily to check on us (we were there for only 3 days) to make sure we weren't in need of anything. One day our light bulb in the kitchen area went out and when we reported it a Maintenance gentleman was there within 15 min to take care of it.

The only thing that was a bummer is that it isn't necessarily close to downtown San Clemente and cabs are a rare treasure to find in this city if you didnt want to drive.

We just loved this place and will recommend it to everyone! We didnt get a chance to eat at the restaurant, though we heard they had excellent food too.

Room Tip: When we called to book our reservation, the clerk said to be there by 1:00pm for preregistration. Y...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank socalgal33
Reviewed July 15, 2011

If you want outstanding service,especially Jefferey one of the managers, a great pool side retreat, comfortable rooms and a superb location you should stay at this wonderful hotel. We will be back over and over again.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room the sunsets are amazing
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank zayde04
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We had a great experience at this resort. It is family friendly and nicely kept. The recent renovations make it even more comfortable. The grounds and amentities are in top shape. Manager Lisa Francesconi Esterhuizen runs a tight ship and stays on top of things, but she is friendly and service oriented. Her welcoming attitude is reflected throughout her staff. I highly recommend this resort. We stay at several resorts, including Gold Crown properties, but this one is our favorite.

Room Tip: Request a unit on the back row.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Murraybob
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Friendly staff. Close to the beach and cozy downtown San Clemente. Newly remodeled. Excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Fifinator
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are all suites with a decent-sized bedroom (queen), nice bathroom, fully stocked kitchen, living/dining area, two twin murphy beds and a balcony. Our room overlooked the pool and garden area and was on the top floor (less noise). Very comfortable for a family of 4 and great location. Close to the beaches, downtown, Laguna Beach, etc.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family