“Just Right”

Ranked #10 of 221 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cheese shop, wine bar, small plates, live music
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I love going to the cellar on Sundays. It's a great little spot to drop by and have a bite and a glass of wine. You don't feel rushed and so you feel like you can spend the whole day there nibbling and sipping wine. We also go there to buy our wines and treats from their meat & cheese display. It is also a great place to pick up hostess gifts. We love this place!

There are newer reviews for The Cellar

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was such a lovely place for a beautiful wedding. I will return there to enjoy some of the food served (Brie with almonds and assorted cheese displays) and to try some of the multitude of wines and beers offered. Truly a great experience in a low key yet elegant little jewel of a wine and cheese bar! I have no idea what the cost was so I can't give a "value" rating. No idea if they do brunch either.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stopped here with constant companion for a glass of wine, some cheese and music after visiting friends in the area. Although we arrived just after 10 PM (kitchen was closed) they arranged a lovely little cheese plate for us to enjoy with our wine while taking in the sounds of a very talented duo performing that evening.
Made for a very pleasant end to a long day.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Today was the first time I had lunch at The Cellar and was very impressed. It was a hot day and we wanted to eat inside so we selected The Cellar. The ambiance is very nice. Although it is a bit dark, it doesn't feel that way. The service from everyone in the wine bar/restaurant was outstanding. I had the goat cheese salad and my husband had the BLT. Both were not what you would expect and both were outstanding. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful evening here. The cheeses were wonderful and they have a great wine selection. Knowledgeable and friendly staff.