“Good service, good atmosphere, poor kitchen, odd layout.”
Review of The Shore - CLOSED

The Shore
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Anaheim, California
“Good service, good atmosphere, poor kitchen, odd layout.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at the shore. I doubt I'll go back. While our server was nice and did a good job for most of our meal, he was slow to check on us after we finally got our food. I ordered the lamb burger, as did a friend. Well, our fries were cold and our burgers were WAY overdone. We both ordered medium, we got very well done. Because it took forever to be seated (and we came around 830p) I was starving and ate everything before he came back. I was too hungry to wait, complain, have the food remade, wait longer, then eat. No thanks.

The atmosphere was nice. A live, 2-man band was playing music in the dining room. The cocktail bar in the back had a DJ. Because of the layout however, there are not many tables. That lead to the very long wait for a party of 5. There were only 3 places they could seat us so we just had to wait. Oh well.

In the end, I was pretty disappointed with my meal. Because I was so hungry and the waiter took too long to check on us, I never told him the meal want good. Sure, I could have complained and they would have done something, but I was too hungry and annoyed to wait. I just wanted to eat and leave. Plus, the restaurant was too hot and the owner wouldn't let us open the window we were sitting next to. She said she's hot too, but the people in the area complain and she'll lose her license. As she was saying all of this I was staring at the AC vent right above us... Easy fix. Turn the AC up!

• Visited August 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great spot with excellent service!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came here for a quick bite and a drink while touring San Clemente. Since arriving in San Clemente for summer vacation we have had some great food and this place was no exception. I had the little big mac's and my friend ordered the fish n' chips appetizers with a couple of beers. Nice patio area in front that gets plenty of sun and lets you people watch while you relax. The owner even came out to check on us which I thought was a nice touch. Great place, we will be back for sure!

• Visited June 2013
Boone, North Carolina
“nice place”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pros:
Nightly specials
On Thursday's they have service member night, and what that means is you can bring in proof that you are a server at another local spot or anywere i'm sure and you get a really nice discount, I want to say it was 25% but don't quote me on that either way it was really nice
-Service was a pro because we were initially sat beside some 50 something's in 20 something's clothing drinking like 15 year olds and it was obnoxious to say the least and our sever had no problem moving us and totally understood.
-The balsamic
-Military discount on drafts at certain time throughout the week
-Nice local microbrew selection
-Dim lighting at the tables
Cons:
- The crowds are different at different times but late night seems to draw out the beachy older crowd and other times you have the hipster crowd, but it doesn't matter if you're not a part of either crowd, just grab a cocktail and watch the show
-Hard to hear if you're having dinner at a table near the music

Visited September 2012
Livermore, California, United States
“Kid Friendly, Good Food”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very attentive to our needs for our 16 month old. prompt courteous service. Half price bottles of wine on Wednesdays is a super deal.

Visited April 2013
Crystal River, FL
“Great small town restaurant.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently visited San Clemente and took the advice of the desk clerk of my hotel and went to the Shore for dinner. Thea my waitress was very kind and understanding as I was very tired from traveling from the east coast that day. The food was very good but the kitchen seemed very out of sync. Thea kept apologizing as my salad took forever to come out and yet my dinner came right after. I ordered a baked potato but my early dinner came out with mashed. The baked came out shortly later but was not completely done as it was obvious they had hurried it. The filet was a bit over cooked from my medium request and seemed to lack in taste for a filet. It was the only steak that the restaurant had as Thea reported the meat delivery had yet to come in that day. I had ordered a sea breeze from the bar and must say that it was perfect. Under normal circumstances I probably would not have been very pleased with dinner but Thea made up for the short comings and I was starved and exhausted. I know the above does not sound great but choices are very limited in this area and it really could be great, I get the feeling I just caught them on an off night.

• Visited April 2013