$252
HIExpress.com
$161
ComfortSuites
Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn(San Clemente)(Great Value!)
$214
Casa Tropicana(San Clemente)
$350
$340
$170
Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente(San Clemente)(Great Value!)
$179
$149
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: John-David Longwell <jd.longwell@gmail.com>
Date: May 16, 2011 8:21:52 PM MDT
To: John-David Longwell <jd.longwell@gmail.com>

This is a reasonably priced little motor inn on the south end of San Clemente that harkens back to the pre-Interstate highway era when small, independent motels dotted the American landscape. It's been tastefully remodeled with a number of modern amenities, but retains several characteristics from that bygone era - especially in the bathroom where the plumbing fixtures are a bit antiquated and there is a lack of electrical outlets throughout.

With only a queen-sized bed and a small dresser, there was plenty of space in the room for my morning yoga.  The bed mattress was firm and I got a good-night's sleep.  The mornings are still quite cool in SoCal this time of year, so I turned on the wall heat radiator in the morning. Any seasoned traveler knows the pros & cons of those ancient beasts.

A few more pluses: I was pleasantly greeted at the front desk when I arrived and when I checked out.  There were also beach-cruiser bicycles and a barbecue available to guests.  There's a nice little breakfast place a couple of doors down and the motel is very close to San Clemente State Beach.

If I was going to stay a few days in this area, the Inn at Calafia Beach would probably not be my first choice, but it's a nice stop between Point A and Point B.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank John-David L
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This was the first stop for our family on a cross country trip to new York. We were pleasantly surprised when we pulled up. It isn't anything fancy, so if you are looking for that type of hotel, this isn't for you. It was clean and Dana was wonderful. She lives at the hotel and can tell that she does whatever she can to make the stay pleasurable. The only thing that I would say is the bed in the Zen room was a little hard. My kids bed was super comfortable and woke up saying how well they slept. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of our friends!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 28, 2011

This Is the perfect surf inn. We stayed for one night and it was very Comfy. We stayed in the japan/china room.the bed was a little stiff but it was overall great

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Free Wi-Fi, Free Cable/HBO
Hooked up outdoor grilling area!
Beach Cruisers, surf boards
Outdoor shower
Great location, centrally located in San Diego County.
Next door to a great restaurant/sports bar we tried and recommend: OC Tavern (great food!)

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2bdrm (#13) and we loved it.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank griselda3838
Reviewed March 19, 2011

You know how you always want to find that hidden gem? That perfect getaway? The one you will return to over and over? Well, this is it! My husband and I are in love with this place.

The Innkeeper, Dana, is the best of the best! We were led to the gorgeous, fun and playful Shag Room. It puts the shag in shagadelic! Yes, it's fun, but it's also super comfortable! This room is actually two rooms, both with comfy beds, perfect pillows, a flat screen and FREE Wi-Fi! Also a fridge, fab powerful shower, and a sitting area that's perfect for relaxing with your coffee in the morning. So convenient - the coffee and coffee maker are furnished, so you don't have to run, half awake, to the nearest coffee house when your feet hit the floor upon waking. And oh, that shag rug under bare feet - delicious!

Super personal touches abound. Great paintings, the cool black panther on the dresser, spotless room and bathroom. We were even greeted with delicious chocolate cupcakes and a bottle of wonderful wine!

It's obvious that a lot of love and care go into this property. As soon as we met with Dana, we knew this was a place we'd return to often. Also, she knows all the great places to dine, surf and play! Whether you want a night on the town, brunch, or a day at the beach, she's got you covered! There's also a communal picnic area in the middle of the property. It is loaded up with everything you need for your own cookout, so cool! There is a grill, microwave, sink, utensils, and even pots & pans. So if you're not keen on dining out, you can make a run to the local store and grill up your dinner right there :) I love this option. Great way to meet other folks as well. We did not do this, but saw several people enjoying steaks and veggies while we were there. Next time we go, we'll grill up some goodies!

Beach is super close, as are so many wonderful shops and places to eat. Dana told us about the Farmer's Market, and we enjoyed that very much. The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo, which is a gorgeous, scenic one hour drive away. When we got back, feet hurting, backs aching, the shag room welcomed and embraced us in a warm hug, magically erasing the aches and pains of two 40-somethings... The hot, steamy power shower felt sooo good after a long day, and then to snuggle into such a comfy bed was just perfect. Ahhh, we slept like babies both nights!

What a memorable weekend, in a memorable place. Thanks Dana, we'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple