“New owners, new energy” 5 of 5 stars

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“New owners, new energy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

While I've always enjoyed wine tasting here, SCWC was more of a glorified place to buy a bottle to take home than it was a place to hang out. That's changed. While you still can purchase wine to go, you won't be so quick to leave. New owners have made small changes that have had huge impact. The bar is in a different spot, there is a communal table, and the quality and quantity of nibbles to go with the wine has vastly improved. Walked by on a recent Sunday afternoon and could not believe the amount of people who were there. It's a terrific place to try new wines and meet new people.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank lclarknj1

San Clemente
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Small Wine Sales/Tasting Retailer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

The San Clemente Wine Company is a small retail outlet on Avenida del Mar in downtown San Clemente. They carry mostly medium priced wines from California, Chile and Australia. Tasting can be pared with cheeses (sold at SCWC). Though the wine selection is far from comprehensive or extensive it is adequate and I’m sure you’ll find something for that picnic on the beach or sunset on the lanai.

3 Thank CalifBeachBum
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great pre-dinner activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

This was a very cozy little wine tasting experience. It was a great way to experience a variety of wines without spending a lot of money. It was $15 to taste 6 different wines. The staff was great. We went before dinner and got a bottle while we were there too. Great place for a couple to go.

2 Thank pgreig
Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“San Clemente Wine Company and Oliver's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

The wine tastings on Fridays at the San Clemente Wine Company on Avenida Del Mar. Great, friendly wine store. We got some good recommendations and had a good time at the wine tasting. Daily (after 2pm) it is $10 to taste four wines. They have specials on their website (I have absolutely no affiliation with them-just felt they were great to us and checked it out because we would like to go back). They have a great little tasting room in the back. On Fridays, there is a rep from the winery, 7 tastes for $15 and grapes, crackers and cheese. I loved it! Small concern...I was overcharged when I ordered a full glass of wine at the tasting (it should have been $8 and I was charged $18) but I didn't notice it until late and I am sure it was just that the cashier misread our check. The wine was a Tempranillo by Matchbook (I have since discovered)...Go, and enjoy...they are very nice.

While you are there, run across the street to Oliver's. Olive oil and basalmic vinegars...wonderful and outrageous flavors. Similarly helpful and friendly.

5 Thank mmcla