“Beautiful hotel, excellent service, convenient...will stay here again”

Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
northeast USA
“Beautiful hotel, excellent service, convenient...will stay here again”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I were visiting family in San Clemente for Thanksgiving. Picked this hotel off of the Trip Advisor site and were very very satisfied. The staff was amazing. The young women that worked the front desk during the day (Guzy) was wonderful. Friendly, sweet, helpful and seemed to truly take an interest in us and our stay. The young man that came on in the evening was just as helpful and friendly...even baking fresh cookies and having them available for the guests. The hotel was spotless, the breakfast was very good and the location was great. I worried that we may hear the I-5 noise but found I had worried needlessly. Will stay here again when we visit for Easter and would strongly recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Los Angeles
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Every time I go to San Clemente, I would stay at this Holiday Inn Express because of its location that's close to places I am going. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The room is always clean. The rate is always reasonable. Address is easy to find and there's always plenty of parking. The free breakfast is also a plus. However, to me, it's not a 5-star review, because the hotel's walls are too thin. I can my neighbors. So, because of that, I can only give this hotel a 4-star.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel was completely renovated in 2009 and the accomidations are a great value. All staff was very attentive to our needs and it was very clean. Away from the businesses and hustle of town, but on the edge and convenient to Highway 5 for easy access to everywhere. Free breakfast and a microwave and frig. in the room really helped with our budget. Would reccommend to anyone looking for an economical nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We visit California once a year on vacation. We have stayed at different hotels, but our stay at Holiday Inn Express was by far the best care that we have ever experienced. The management at the Holiday Inn Express paid special and detailed attention to courtesy, friendlyness and cleaniness. The staff was very friendly and were very helpful when asked about sites to visit. We were always greeted with a smile and a friendly greeting. I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express as a choice of stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bedford, PA
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Wow, just read a negative review of this hotel and couldn't believe it. This was hands down the best hotel I've ever stayed in. It had all the best qualities one looks for when one decides on a place to stay.
We came from Maryland to visit my son who was relocated to San Clemente. This hotel was perfect in so many ways. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or nice. There's a feel of quaintness or peace and quiet there. No noise, just tranquility. We passed very few people in the hallways. The complimentary breakfast was GREAT. It wasn't the usual boxed cereal and muffins. It was eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits. We ate breakfast every morning. Loved, loved the location. A lot of space for parking. It didn't feel like a huge commercial hotel feels. I like that it was around a shopping center and up a hill. Seriously, I can't recommend this GEM of a hotel enough. Oh, forgot to mention, the rooms were immaculate. Clean, modern and very nice. We called the front desk 2 times, once for an extra blanket because my hubby liked it cold in the room and they arrived with a blanket within 5 mins. The other time was to ask for some more wooden hangers, they also appeared in a very short time. I love this hotel, seriously. Best hotel experience I've had and we've traveled extensively.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
gold coast
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Lobby smells like a petstore. 90% of staff were unhelpful and rude. Very noisy next to freeway. Breakfast was awful. Noisy aircon/hard to set constant temperature. Very expensive for such a crap place. They requested $400 to use meeting room for 3 hours - how disgraceful!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank IE02
Wolverhampton
Reviewed August 13, 2010

During the course of a recent family road trip around California, Arizona, Utah and Nevada I had occasion to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in San Clemente. We arrived early at San Clemente after two nights at a dodgy Quality Inn in Hollywood and what a difference.
We were greeted by a young lady called Guzy who allowed us to check-in early, upgraded our room free of charge and then spent time making us aware of the local attractions including options on where to have lunch and where we might find the best shopping.
Nothing was too much trouble for this young lady and her manners were impeccable. My family and I all felt as if she had taken a special interest in us though later I saw her assisting another couple in just the same friendly and efficient way.
The rooms were large, well equipped (Free wi-fi and multi-channel TV) and exceptionally well cleaned. The hotel is a little tricky to find, at the back of a shopping centre but it is well located for I-5 and the attractions of San Clemente. All in all a great hotel experience at a very reasonable price and if you are in the San Clemente area I can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
amandp, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your thoughts with fellow travelers. We do appreciate your comments and business. Warm regards!