Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North
Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn(San Clemente)(Great Value!)
$135
$127
$134
$125
AscendHotels
$97
ComfortSuites
$80
San Clemente Inn(San Clemente)(Great Value!)
$205
$85
Hotels.com
Seahorse Resort(San Clemente)(Great Value!)
$249
Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente(San Clemente)(Great Value!)
$196
$169
$90
$80
Casa Tropicana(San Clemente)
$350
$340
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskstrip mallfree breakfastup to dateplenty of parkingsteep hillspanish styleheated poolclean roomsgreat customer servicenice poolbreakfast roomdana pointlight sleeperdefinitely stay here againsarahhie
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

The desk manager, Steven, we checked in with was extremely nice and helpful- even when we had banking issues given we're not from this coast... Definitely a great guy. Clean and pet friendly hotel. Although there really isn't a dog walking area, and the hotel is situated up a steep hill but we made due.
The room we wanted initially was on the lobby floor (which is technically the second, even though it's ground level...) but there was an issue with the lock so we were moved to the lower level. I wasn't too thrilled given it's somewhat basement feel and smell. It smelled musty and we noticed the AC leaks a ton into the balcony. I was happy to have a private balcony, not much of a view being on the lower level, but I love the access to fresh air and the kids enjoyed being outside. I'd request a higher floor for better views. Also one away from the freeway as it can get noisy.
We got a double queen which was plenty big enough for two adults, three kids, a dog and all of our belongings. Updated bathroom, furnishings and comfy beds.
Breakfast was the usual Holiday inn Express food. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate 24 hours, cookies I think too.
The ice machine outside our room is very noisy and leaks....
Overall good stay, next time we'd stay on the lobby or 3rd floor, not the basement.
Pricey hotel, room rate, pet fee, laundry and even vending are all marked up but this is California...
Wifi works well.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Casey831
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had an excellent two day stay at this property. Clean and well kept facilities with rooms equipped with everything a traveler might need, including a fridge and a microwave. With an attentive and competent staff to top things off. One small example. I left my room at noon to pick lunch at the nearby Chipotle and on my way out asked the front staff if housekeeping could clean my room while I was away. I am back 45 min later and I find my room spotless clean. Now that is service. Well done Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Holiday Inn Express San Clemente was a great experience for my whole family. Very clean and comfortable rooms with fridge and microwave. Good location off the Frwy. and not to far from the beach and main downtown area. Great staff who were willing to help with anything. Nice breakfast that was restocked frequently. I would definitely stay here again next time in San Clemente or even when visiting Dana Point.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Charles T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

I am very happy to hear that my team was willing to help you with anything. We have a lot of customer service training and role playing and I am glad this shows in the customer service we give our guests. We hope to see you again soon when you visit South Orange County.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed here twice and my room has been great! Very clean and nice furnishings. Breakfast has a wide variety of items with different hot items daily. The best part is the person who works at the front desk in the afternoons, Allen. He is sincerely helpful in every way and talks to you like you're old friends! He is a huge asset to the Holiday Inn family.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 21, 2014

YAY for Hotwire!! My boys and I just returned from a one night stay at this property. I've started this tradition where I take them out of town for the weekend, once a month. Last month was Corona, this month was San Clemente. This was our first time in San Clemente. I've passed it several times on the way to San Diego for business and the only memory I have is of the San Onofre Nuclear power plant. Surely there has GOT to be more to San Clemente than this... Yes, there is!

This hotel is tucked away on a hill that's visible from the 5 freeway. It's designed to look like a mission, so it's really beautiful. The pool is actually out front so there is no privacy, however, given the location of the property itself, it's really not that bad. There is no jacuzzi, which is a bit of a bummer considering it can get cold in the area, but it's not that much of a deterrent.

The property itself is very well kept and CLEAN. The parking lot is directly in front so it's not a far walk from the car to the hotel lobby - this is nice especially if you're traveling with kids and lugging both them and your bags. The lobby itself and the breakfast room were modern and sleek. Check in was a breeze - Guzee (sp?) was at the front desk at the time and she was amazing. She was professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and really, really nice. She shared some really good tips about the area once she found out we were noobs. I had requested two queen beds and an upper floor room and she was able to accommodate me with no problems.

I was told the only rooms that had balconies were their suites, so I was pleasantly surprised when she told me all rooms have balconies. YAY! I love having a balcony in our room because it allows us to hang out on the balcony and enjoy the weather. We did just that during our stay here. The balcony is huge. I do wish we had a better view - our room was facing the back of the property so our view was a hill :( Next time, and there will be a next time, I will ask for a room facing the front of the property so we have a better view (hopefully of the ocean).Our room itself was really spacious. I was expecting it to be a bit small because our room at the Corona HI was a bit cramped, so needless to say, another pleasant surprise! The beds were, as usual, super comfy as were the pillows. The bathroom was tiny - smaller than Corona and the door didn't close all the way. The latch didn't work so the door would stay slightly open. Bummer. There was no couch but there was a nice chair and an ergo chair at the work desk.

My boys were not able to connect their PS3 to the TV - HDMI port was broken. The Direct TV signal was shoddy - none of the channels were clear; in fact, sometimes it looked like 3D! I don't know if this had to do with the area or something else. Regardless, no bueno. It's bad enough that the HDMI port didn't work but when you throw in the shoddy satellite signal/picture quality, well, its quite disappointing.

The free breakfast was substantial - eggs, bacon, biscuits AND sausage gravy, warm cinnamon rolls, breads, cereal, fruit, coffee & tea. Everything was really tasty. The breakfast SOMEWHAT made up for the TV fiasco.

On our last day, we opted to head to the beach and the hotel offers free beach chairs and beach towels! WOOT! So, naturally we took full advantage of those chairs and they came in handy. The extra perks were really nice and left us with a good impression of the property.

Because I am an IHG Rewards Member, we were able to secure a 2 pm checkout. The late checkout enabled us to take our time at breakfast and at the beach. I do love that perk and really appreciate that option. We will be back to this specific property, for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor with a view of the front of the property.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your first overnight stay in San Clemente. San Clemente is a beautiful town and we are glad we were able to share it with you. Thank you for your feedback.