“Excellent Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and therefore chose to stay at it again.
On arrival however, I found there had been a mix up with the booking dates - this was no fault of Holiday Inns.
Despite this, and the hotel being fully booked the staff did all they could to help me find alternative accommodation on what was a very busy weekend.
It was much appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Charles T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I am very sorry to hear about your reservation mix u, especially because it was on a busy weekend. I am happy to hear that our Team was able to assist you in finding other accomodations although we would have much rather had you stay with us. Please visit us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel is beautifully situated on a hill, like a resort. But the real value is in its Manager, Guzy Johnson and her able staff.

My cousin who was staying there got sick and I flew in from the East Coat to help him. Before I got there, my cousin's condition worsened, and he needed medical care. Ms. Johnson not only arranged for my cousin's move to a hospital, but also treated him with compassion and dignity. She didn't push my sick cousin to pay the bill when he was moved; but waited for me to arrive and pay for the room. She also refrained from charging for the days the room could not be let out, and declined to accept extra payment for cleaning the room. That was classy.

Vijay Rajan
Silver Spring, Maryland

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank karenflute
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Guzy, Steve, Allen and Cindy could not be nicer or more accommodating. The whole property in and out was immaculate and the pool was just right. The location was surprisingly remote being so close to every thing one would need. The spot eliminated cross traffic and foot traffic which made for a nice , quite eight day stay, and let's not forget breakfast...WOW! I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton and was happier here for breakfast. I had every thing I needed and it was free- not a $120 a breakfast like a the other place. The pancake machine was incredible. I'm now getting one for my home. This place will be an annual trip for us for sure! Next time my little dog comes as he's welcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our visit to San Clemente was wonderful we stayed 8 days at Holiday Inn Express. Guzy, Steve,
Allen and Cindy made our stay perfect. We were treated as a Royal family, Good Morning to helping us with directions ,everyday, printing tickets. Our room was peaceful and spotless, maid service was great. The breakfast was very good and we enjoyed the pool. We will be sure to return every year and hope to see the same staff. Thank you all for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: We were on third floor it was so peaceful
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Customer service has become such buzz words in today's clamor for business that certain businesses use it without knowing its meaning. I have been staying at this hotel since it opened and I have experienced, time after time, the real meaning of customer service at H.I.E. in San Clemente, from the front desk staff down to the many staff people that clean and provide the comfort of every room. I'm greeted with courtesy and respect every time I walk in the building to check in. Every accommodation requested is catered to in the most expeditious manner with a friendly smile by the accommodating staff. And, my personal favorite, the building is meticulously maintained, at all times and in every way. All in all, this is my hotel of choice every time I have a need to be in the area. What really tops the charts for me is that whenever i take a vacation to this area, the H.I.E. in San Clemente is also my first choice.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the parking lot side as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel J
Charles T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you very much for your wondeful review. I feel we have an amazing team here and it is always nice to hear that our guests feel the same way. We hope to see you again the next time you are in South Orange County. Thank you.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The staff is always genuinely friendly, helpful, attentive and professional. The rooms and amenities are 3 1/2 - 4 star calibre- you get value for your money. I stay here often and have never had a bad experience. Pet friendly rooms are a plus. I don't know what the negative review about the breakfast was about- the front desk has always been well informed and knowledgable about the property and local area. It's always a pleasure to be welcomed by Guzy, Steven and the rest of the staff. I would recommend this property to anyone looking to stay in San Clemente.

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk I prefer the rooms with a balcony facing north- more scenery and panoramic So...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I arrived at the San Clemente Holiday Inn Express just a few minutes after 8:00 PM on New Year's Eve, 12/31/2013. By the end of the check in process, i.e. already received my room keys, the male staff still hadn't advised me about the morning breakfast. From the booking website, I know this Holiday Inn location provides a complimentary breakfast. So I asked, "What time is breakfast tomorrow?" He goes, "From 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM." I was surprised. I responded, "That late?" He then said, "Because tomorrow is a Holiday, people don't have to wake up early" Then, he tells me how to get to my room.
The next day, at about 7:45 AM, I went to the breakfast room and saw what kind of breakfast being provided; then went back to my room and gave a report to my wife who was still undecided about having breakfast at the hotel. At 9:35 AM, my wife and I arrived at the breakfast room. I was surprised that all of the hot breakfast items I saw about an hour earlier were all gone, and the containers were gone. I looked around and saw a lady cleaning up the place. I asked her about the hot breakfast items, and she said breakfast was closed at 9:30 AM. I told her that I was told by check-in staff breakfast was from 7:30AM to 10:30 AM because of the Holiday. This lady took me to the front desk. I told the front desk lady the same story. She answered, "No, we have breakfast from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM. We never have breakfast from 7:30 AM." (She had an unpleasant look on her face) I told her that I was surprised about the breakfast time and specifically asked the check-in staff about it and he just responded, "It is a Holiday ....."
I was a little annoyed by front desk lady’s blunt response. She probably didn’t believe me. Then, my wife and I went back to our room, picked up our luggage and ready to check-out. While we were leaving, my wife wanted some coffee. So we went back to the breakfast room. It was still a few minutes before 10:00 AM. While my wife was getting coffee (this is the only item left in the breakfast room), I saw a sign posted at the entrance of the breakfast room. It says" Complimentary Breakfast, 6:30 AM - 9:30 AM, Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM -10: 00 AM, Saturday and Sunday.” Then, immediately I went back to the front desk and said to the female staff that it was not my fault that the check-in staff told me the breakfast time was from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM (because it was a Holiday). She finally said, "I am sorry."

Room Tip: The main entrance is on the second floor. Avoid the rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CPACFE_HaciedaHts_CA
Charles T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for your comments regardng your recent stay. I do apologize that the communication of our breakfast hours was incorrect during your check in process. I understand that breakfast is one of the reasons you choose to stay at our hotel and I am sorry we did not deliver on that. The initial front desk agent you spoke with had incorrect information and I will be doing a training with all my front desk staff to go over the proper times for all of our features at the hotel. Again we are sorry that your experience was unsatisfactory and we will be working to improve.