WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel has a beautiful Spanish decor, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. But the most wonderful things about the hotel are the comfortable bed and pillows. I had been recently become dissatisfied with some of the Priority Club properties because of uncomfortable beds and pillows, but this San Clemente hotel has convinced me to continue with Priority Club.
Even though it was close to the freeway, my room was very quiet. It's hidden and up a hill behind a shopping center, but I found that unique and convenient for shopping and dining. Very close to the beach too! Great area! When working in this area, I'll be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AGSTX
hienb, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at our convenient, yet hidden location. I am very happy to hear you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to South Orange County. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Southington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four days while visiting family at Camp Pendleton. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. I liked the location. It was a little off the beaten path, set behind a small shopping center. There was plenty of parking.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Clemente, Ecuador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is the best business hotel that I have ever stayed all over the world. They take care of my every request with a smile and effective execution.

The staff, Guzy, Hiren, Andrew, Eddy, Steven, Jenny, and Maria are fabulous.

They make up the bed with the covers that you desire and it stays that way for the entire stay.

They provide additional light for working.

Best pool in the area.

Convenient to free way and down town.

Good WiFi

Room Tip: 3rd floor on sea side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Donald G
Thank you for your wonderful response. I do agree that we have an amazing Team here and I am glad that you enjoy them as much as I do. We look forward to you staying again the next time you are in San Clemente.
South Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

At first glance this place is so pretty it's almost like hidden away me and my fiancé stayed in room 310 never I repeat ever stay in that room the first night was ok we stayed four days my fiancé is a heavy sleeper not me there was so much noise you can hear every conversation when ever someone walked by the whole room would shake there were squeaks all day long at one point I thought the room was haunted if it was up to me I would never have stayed at such an overpriced places I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I wish we could get our money back we left today and I've never been so happy to be home

Room Tip: If u do stay here never stay in room 310 or any room close to elevator
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Yanick J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Yanick J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We appreciate the compliments on the property. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hampstead, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I would like to say that of all the Hotels that I have stayed in. This one stands out the most in my mind. The Facility itself is excellent and very well Kept. But it is the Staff that makes the stay more than worth it. I travel almost 6 months of the year and have stayed in Many Hotels in and out of the continental United States. It is Always and absolute pleasure to walk into a Hotel and be greated by friendly smiles and positive attitudes.

the Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North Staff has an absolutely superb staff that exudes professionalism in every aspect of their work.

There is one individual that has always been extremely helpful for me and my coworkers during the reservation process and in giving information required for our stay in San Clemente.
I would like to give this individual specific recognition. Miss Guzy Johnson the Front Desk Supervisor always ensures we are taken care of. Whether it is reservations or directions to places to eat in town. She has always been extremely helpful.

It is because individuals like Miss Johnson and others on your Staff that we continue to book our rooms at your Hotel. They have manged to remember us as individuals and actually take the time to speak with us rather than conduct the necessary business and pass us along as if we were just passing through. It is noice to be treated like you are a person not just a customer. For this I would like to say thank you to the staff at the Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hayward
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

There is NO area for dogs even though the pet fee is $35/night. I would expect a really nice pet area for that fee but since the hotel is on a steep hillside, the pet area is steep and dangerous. I would stay elsewhere next time if the dog is with us. Otherwise, it was a nice clean hotel - a little pricey but it's San Clemente!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear DianeDuluth,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express, San Clemente, again. All of the employees are so friendly and welcoming. They greet everyone every time they leave or return.The complimentary breakfast was always a real treat. And they always had coffee on, which was really nice as well.

Also, they cleaned my room every day and replaced all of the linens and just made it look like a million dollars! I was always so happy to come back to a pristine room after a long day of exploring the local area. The beds were also super comfortable and each room comes with its own adjustable thermostat, which was really nice.

They have a "business center" available for their patrons, where one can access the internet (if you have a lap top, you can also access the internet from your room) and print maps (if you don't have a smart phone) or anything else that you would like to print.

The hotel is walking distance from Del Mar street and El Camino Real (the two main streets in the area) and also walking distance from the ocean and a really nice beach. (It's about a 25 minute walk.) The area is very nice and safe for walking alone. I walked to and from the beach on numerous occasions and never felt unsafe (I am a 20-year-old scared-of-everything girl, if that helps anyone :))

Hope this review was helpful! Thank you for reading! Good luck in your travels all!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple