“HOTEL SUCKS”

Americas Best Value Inn-San Clemente Beach
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Bid on a room through priceline, got to the hotel and requested two beds and the manager said that we only had 1 queen for 2 adults and 2 kids ask for an extra bed, manager said there would be an additional 20.00 a night fee…wow……….. this sucks…………

I will never stay here or use priceline again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SORNELAS37
pete192614, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-San Clemente Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

How is it the hotels or pricelines fault?....Your reservation was for 1 Queen bed for 2 guests.If you change your request at check in to 2 Queen beds for 4 guests...there will be an additional charge..Its normal at all hotels..If you were unsure of your room type during booking on priceline, you could have called the hotel direct or priceline,both are open 24 hours......It is unfair to say HOTEL SUCKS due to your mistake.....THANK YOU..........

Reviewed August 14, 2010

My Wife and I checked in around 3:45 AM and after being up at the room for 5 minutes we decided not to stay, then we went back down to the front desk to tell that MAN FROM INDIA that we're not staying. He had the sorry look on his face, and told us that he can't do any refund for the five minutes that we had spent WALKED IN THE ROOM AND WALKED RIGHT BACK OUT... I told him that on the receipt it said if stayed more than ten minutes that's when you can't get any refund back!!! but he kept insisting that he did make an authorized through the solo computer with my credit card and he can't do anything about the situation, that really pissed me off. Anyways...to cut the story short I shouldn't be there in the first place!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gilur

We have a 100% refund policy if requested within 10 minutes of check in......You were given a full refund...Your debit/credit card was authorized for the nights stay but not charged....Authorizations drop off after 7 days......THANK YOU.....

Reviewed May 13, 2010

At only a couple dollars more than a Motel 6, this is a great place to stay! Our room was on the third floor facing both the ocean and the freeway (it seems like you can't have one without the other in San Clemente) and yet it was remarkably quiet. The wireless Internet was free but the connection was very poor - probably because the room was far from the lobby - but we didn't go there to play on the Internet so it was no big deal. The room was very clean, nicely furnished and comfortable, though the bathroom door was a bit too large for the bathroom making getting in and out rather awkward. Parking under the hotel was very convenient and an elevator made the third floor room easily accessible to my handicapped wife. All in all a most enjoyable stay, and we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JosephRuckman
Reviewed December 2, 2009

This hotel deserves a second chance. It has been totally redone. New bathrooms,new carpet, new mattresses. Worth every penny in a town by the beach. Manager and maids are friendly and helpful. Stayed here for over a month working at SONGS. They give discount for plant workers. Only drawback is parking. It is tight but secure. Rooms are all upstairs.There is a elevator. It has king rooms,queens with a sitting room, or 2 queens in a room. Refrig and microwave. There is a laundry across the street and try Gordon James steak house for great meals.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I was worried when I saw how inexpensive the room was, but the hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and it really is a decent hotel. It isn't a 5-star resort, but I was impressed for the money spent.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2007

best bang for your buck... nice clean rooms...friendly staff... central location... great rates...if you are looking for a full service hotel this is not the place...will return next time i am in san clemente....

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 22, 2006

I called this motel to get directions and was told I didn't need a reservation because they had plenty of rooms. I tried to give them a credit card over the phone and they said it wasn't necessary to reserve a room and refused to take my credit card number. When I got to San Clemente I called them to let them know I had arrived and was told I had 15 minutes to get there. Since I was using public transportation I said that wouldn't be possible but that I would get there as soon as possible. The person hung up on me. I called back and the next clerk also hung up on me. I then had to find another motel on short notice. I reported this incident to the Better Business Bureau who said the motel never responded.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank robbilynn
92672, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-San Clemente Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2006

Motel,does not accept reservations for same day arrivals.Same day arrivals are on a walk in first come basis.Sorry for the problems.