“Not bad for the price”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Phoenix, AZ
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I was worried when I saw how inexpensive the room was, but the hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and it really is a decent hotel. It isn't a 5-star resort, but I was impressed for the money spent.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
newyork
Reviewed November 24, 2007

best bang for your buck... nice clean rooms...friendly staff... central location... great rates...if you are looking for a full service hotel this is not the place...will return next time i am in san clemente....

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — limited parking, first come first served basis...
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed September 22, 2006

I called this motel to get directions and was told I didn't need a reservation because they had plenty of rooms. I tried to give them a credit card over the phone and they said it wasn't necessary to reserve a room and refused to take my credit card number. When I got to San Clemente I called them to let them know I had arrived and was told I had 15 minutes to get there. Since I was using public transportation I said that wouldn't be possible but that I would get there as soon as possible. The person hung up on me. I called back and the next clerk also hung up on me. I then had to find another motel on short notice. I reported this incident to the Better Business Bureau who said the motel never responded.

• Disliked — Rude front desk staff
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled solo
2 Thank robbilynn
92672, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-San Clemente Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2006
Motel,does not accept reservations for same day arrivals.Same day arrivals are on a walk in first come basis.Sorry for the problems.

Travelers are raving about these San Clemente hotels

Los Angeles
Reviewed September 7, 2006

We stayed at the Best Value Budget Lodge the weekend of August 19,2006. One of the busiest summer weekends of the year. We paid $198.00 plus tax, it seemed high at first but we later realized that it was the going rate for that weekend. We got a nice clean room with the standard motel amenities, it was nothing fancy, but not the bare bones either. We met several regular guests at the check out who informed us that this motel was the best kept secret of San Clemente. If you are looking for a full service motel this is not a place, altough there are many great places to eat and drink within walking distance. We will definately be staying here again during the Thanksgiving Holiday....

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ummitsanjani
West Hollywood
Reviewed August 20, 2006

This hotel was $198 per night with tax. It should have been $125. The owners who checked us in were very unfriendly. When we got to our room, we noticed there was no shower but a big jacuzzi with a water wand. To get ice you needed two quarters which I have never seen this degree of cheapness before. The towels were rough, small and minimal. No extra ammenities like shampoo, conditioner or lotion. The Hampton down the street is much much better for a comparable price. I will never stay here again.

• Liked — jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — price
  • Tips/Secrets — realize that you are paying double for this place over what it is worth.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple