“comfortable beds and lot of space”

Americas Best Value Inn-San Clemente Beach
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Close to the San Clemente Pier, citycentre and shopping area.. Love this place!
Under the hotel is a small restaurant which services nice food!
Free parking space included and some rooms have a lovely bath :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arnodekker
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn-San Clemente Beach

Reviewed December 30, 2013

...because it is in walking distance to my son's house. The room was very clean and since I took the only smoker's room they had, that was a nice surprise - and also because it came with a very large jacuzzi tub. I had to ask for a different password for the WiFi to get it to stay logged on, but the manager was very compliant in providing one. Oh, and the bar next door is NOT a biker bar, just a popular spot for locals. The restaurant on the other side is also very popular and the food there is very good. So while I only gave it 3 stars for average, that's only because there was no coffee pot available either in the room or elsewhere! That would have been a nice touch and brought a 4th star for sure!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank robin q
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Where do I begin. In lieu of a long review about noise, lack of ammenities, filthy room, etc. I shall leave it at this. Because the room was prepaid, I was stuck. I seriously considered sleeping in the car the room was so bad. Bailed on the second night as it was so bad.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank RW4321
Reviewed September 14, 2013

i have stayed at this place a half-dozen times now. its clean, comfortable, and the rooms are actually pretty nicely decorated.

i stay here because it is the best value in San Clemente that i have found.

the internet is so-so (BYO broadband) but its a convenient location, and probably a 10 minute walk downtown.

the manager is actually a nice enough guy once you get to know him and he gets to know you.

Room Tip: might want to ask for a room in the back - there is a biker bar next door that can get a bit noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had never stayed in San Clemente, so we thought we would try o find a spot in the middle of town. The hotel itself seems a little older, but there seem to be renovations going on. The room we got was fairly dated, but the bathroom seemed clean, a plus. Our room seemed to be a small suite as it had a small living room inside the door which led to the bathroom and bedroom. The couch may have folded out. The only downside was no TV in the living room. My wife likes to nap and I like to catch sports while she naps. The managers of the hotel apparently live at the hotel, which is not really an issue with us. Their unit's door opens onto the community deck (there is no green area or grass). The managers usually had their unit's door open and they cook inside. The scent of curry wafted throughout the deck area and was a little overwhelming at times. Our room had only one AC unit in the living room, so it was sucked in through the ventilation in the AC. We couldn't close the bedroom door as it was too warm without the AC and too noisy with the window open (street noise, not noise in the hotel itself). The bed in our room was very hard and it took a while in the morning to get the kinks worked out (and aspirin). Otherwise, the stay was okay, but we probably wouldn't stay here again at the price we paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelforfunnstuff
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times (formerly called Budget Lodge) with our grandkids mostly because of the affordable rates BUT I must say this hotel has only gotten BETTER. The Host, who has always been very helpful, put us in a quiet room away from the street noise. The room was sparkling clean every time we returned from the beach, with fresh new towels and sparkling clean sinks and toilets. We slept like babies. We woke up and walked across the street to "Pipes" for an incredible breakfast. The hotel is located next to so many places to eat within walking distance. My husband even went to the bar next door to watch the game and have a beer to shoot the breeze with the locals. I difenately recomment this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in San Clamente. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BUNS59
Reviewed July 28, 2013

After this trip, I've learned not to depend on others opinions about hotels. This was a nice and quaint place to stay, the exterior was clean, the parking was acceptable and it's close to many local dining establishments and local surf shops. The manager was very hospitable, polite and concise, I like that! The room was comfortable and clean, all we could ask for! This property is a few blocks from the OC Tavern and across the street from a great breakfast joint, shoes and shirt optional.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family