1- Nice location but it goes down hill from there.
2- Rooms were decent size.
1- Staff was attentive until you complain then all bets are off.
2- Breakfast choices are limited, to say the least, unless you're into having eggs all sorts of different ways.
1- No shower available. There's a big jacuzzi bathtub, and it's got one of those pull out showerheads but it was broken. When I made the reservation I specifically asked about shower availability. I was told no problem. When I checked in the supposed shower was broken. I was told it was 4 to 6 weeks to get the part; they must be crawling to the hardware store. My take was that they may or may not fix the "shower"; it looked like it had been broken for awhile; the one part I looked at had rusted. Once I brought this up, I basically had the option of going to a much smaller room or living with no shower. Took the latter choice but I want to warn the world about this place now.
2- The accommodations and overall stay was not worth a price tag that is comparable to a Ritz Carlton, etc.
3- The toilet ran and shut off when it wanted to.
4- The "View". For being 100 yards for the shoreline and about 50 yards from the Amtrak line, the views from most of the rooms suck. Their ad talks about great views and if you're not in your room you do get a great view, but sleeping on their patio may not be the ideal option. The way the building is done your "view" from most of the rooms is blocked by stairwells, pillars, chairs, tables, balcony wall, etc.
Bottom line - Take some time and review you choices carefully. Unless they drop their prices significantly your just not getting a value equal to your cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spanish-inspired architecture, ocean views, stylish comfortable decor and a relaxed atmosphere. We invite you to enjoy sunset from an ocean view deck Casa Tropicana Hotel in San Clemente is located steps from the beach and close to many local faves – Casa Romantica, San Juan Capistrano Mission and Disneyland. Offering complimentary amenities - beach bags and chairs, flat screen TVs, fireplaces, robes, wifi, and Jacuzzi tubs. Great off season prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tropicana Hotel San Clemente
- Casa Tropicana San Clemente