We stayed in the fuego room, and it wasn't a very comfortable experience. The air conditioning wasn't working, which made the room very hot. While typically we would have kept the windows open, the loud train across the street from the inn would blare its horn all night. We ended up trying to craft an a/c by putting a bucket of ice in front of of a fan. The a/c was clearly broken before we checked in, and we repeatedly complained about it, but nothing was done to remedy the situation.
Regarding the room: the bed was comfortable and clean, though the bathroom was outdated. The staff was also friendly overall.
There were also some other annoyances at Casa Tropicana. There was always a host of flies in the common area, which was right in front of the room. While I appreciated the free breakfast basket provided, it was not freshened every day.
In short, we were disappointed by our stay, especially since we just couldn't be comfortable in the heat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spanish-inspired architecture, ocean views, stylish comfortable decor and a relaxed atmosphere. We invite you to enjoy sunset from an ocean view deck Casa Tropicana Hotel in San Clemente is located steps from the beach and close to many local faves – Casa Romantica, San Juan Capistrano Mission and Disneyland. Offering complimentary amenities - beach bags and chairs, flat screen TVs, fireplaces, robes, wifi, and Jacuzzi tubs. Great off season prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tropicana Hotel San Clemente
- Casa Tropicana San Clemente