You will like this inn, it is about 100 yards from the train tracks. The commuter trains run about every 40 minutes and give a nice blast as they come through San Clemente. The intersection bell also starts ringing about 2 minutes before the train arrives. It is a bad sign when you see ear plugs on the night table. This is no an Inn so much as it is a boarding house over a bar. The rooms are not air conditioned, and on a hot day, they stay warm all night because there is no cross-ventilation. You might have a room that looks out on a shared patio that everyone needs to walk by as they go up and down stairs. You need to keep the door open because you would suffocate if you didn't. Our room was furnished in some kind of funky decor that was just weird.
Very expensive for what it is. True, the views of the beach across the tracks is nice, especially at sun set, but, believe me, it is not worth the noise and the heat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spanish-inspired architecture, ocean views, stylish comfortable decor and a relaxed atmosphere. We invite you to enjoy sunset from an ocean view deck Casa Tropicana Hotel in San Clemente is located steps from the beach and close to many local faves – Casa Romantica, San Juan Capistrano Mission and Disneyland. Offering complimentary amenities - beach bags and chairs, flat screen TVs, fireplaces, robes, wifi, and Jacuzzi tubs. Great off season prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Casa Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tropicana Hotel San Clemente
- Casa Tropicana San Clemente