WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“No better place to stay in San Clemente if you want to have the ocean in your front yard.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Tropicana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Clemente
Casa Tropicana
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Clovis, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm an ex-SC local and had to travel from Fresno (long story) to SC for business. I figured I'd try the Trop. Glad I did. Superb location and great rooms. I give it a five because I love all things San Clemente BUT, I do think the bathrooms need a little updating (at least the one in my room). Regardless, the Trop is a great value and a fun place to stay. Oh yeah, bring your significant other. I was solo this time, but will definitely bring my wife next time.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank ABK1
casatrop, Owner at Casa Tropicana, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Welcome Home

We’re glad you shared your homecoming with us. It’s always nice to be able to rediscover your home town from such a great centrally located wonderfull Inn. Being in the center of San Clemente at the beach and pier I know you relived a lot of memories. Thanks for the great review and I will look into our bath rooms for you.

Rick Anderson
Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Saint George, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We planned our wedding in five days! We stumbled across Casa Tropicana by way of a friends suggestion. I booked online which was a painless process. The location was perfect as we were married directly across the street on San Clemente beach. The staff was professional, extremely cheerful and welcoming! Upon returning to our room, we found our luggage neatly placed to one side of the room(we left it scattered everywhere!) and the bed and tub covered in rose petals with a 4 foot champagne glass filled with ice, a bottle of champagne and glasses--the TV was tuned to a romantic music station! Touches and attention like this will bring us back again and again!!

Room Tip: Not a bad room at the hotel--full of ambiance!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael C
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Once again we stayed at Casa Tropicana two weeks ago. First occassion to be in the area again and we wanted to see if the Tropicana still had it's superior ambiance. Yep, better than ever. Sue and Rick treat you like you are long last family. Can't say enough about it. Home run #2

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bonanzatom
san diego, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time at Casa Tropicana and it will not be our last! It is located across the street from the San Clemente Pier, beach, and train station. Each adds to the atmosphere. The pier affords great views, and two restaurants. The beach is a welcome spot to relax, sunbath, surf, or frolic in the sand. Although the trains will bring noise; it adds charm in that some of southern California's great cities can be visited via a short train ride. The hotel will fulfill all of your basic needs. Things they do well.....a firm bed, balcony and patio access for each room, a fridge filled with refreshments(ours included champange) daily breakfast buffet, and closeness to services. Each room is designed differently so be sure to ask for a room that will satisfy your taste. Romance, weekend getaway, or a nice place to stay are good reasons to stay here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank acoachcool
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed at the Casa Tropicana in the Casa Del Ray Penthouse suit on our wedding night on April 5, 2012.
We do not live in the US and we researched this hotel frequently. We were happy with the reviews and the photos. We checked in the day of our wedding. The staff were friendly, the view was breathtaking, and the memories were amazing. The room is definitely worth staying in if you are looking for a special time away at an amazing beach. The bed was great to sleep in, the furniture was cute, there was access to a fridge and microwave, a hot tub, a private balcony.
The only things that I was unhappy with was: there were some dark discolouration to the carpet, one of the sliding doors was off its hinges before we even touched it, one of the lighbulbs blew when we turned the light on, the hot tub would not respond to being turned off, only one of the shower heads worked and the pressure of the working shower head was poor, the sink would not drain properly, and the taps turned on and off in opposite directions. I know these things are minor fixes but as someone who paid a lot of money to stay here, i was looking for something that was going to be fantastic; and I feel like if you're going to spend good money on a great hotel room, everything should be in working order and should be checked. It upset me a little bit that there were so many minor problems with the room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Samantha F
Holbrook, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Casa Tropicana for our 25th Anniversary. Very cozy room.....albeit a little on the small side.....but not a real big problem. We arrived in San Clemente early in the day and they were very accomodating to allow us to check in early and that was huge for us!!!! They had our room ready and even had lit the fireplace for us!!! THANK YOU RICK and staff!!!!
The breakfast menu was the same every day and we have stayed at other B&B's and had more of a variety for breakfast.....but the food was delicious!!!! The refrigerator was well stocked with water, sodas, juice and "goodies"!!! Overall we LOVED Casa Tropicana and San Clemente!!! (Fisherman's Restaurant across from Casa was SUPERB!!!!)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last Saturday to celebrate our birthdays. We had seen many good reviews on Trip Advisor, and we weren't disappointed! Rick was the consummate host, checked us in and even came immediately when we needed an "unstopping" in the bath. He came by later to wish everybody a great stay. We loved the fact that we could go out on the balcony after a nice jacuzzi, wrap ourselves up in the ponchos provided, and listen to the sounds of the waves and nothing else. I am in the hotel business myself, and I can tell you, this was REAL hospitality! We will be back again soon.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple