“Great place ”

Rustic House Oyster Bar & Grill
Order Online
Ranked #11 of 143 Restaurants in San Carlos
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Stopped in today to checkout this place. Arrived early and got great service very welcoming. Had the fish and chips. My wife had them grilled. We were both delighted with our meals. Great place for special occasions.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 19, 2019

I decided to try this restaurant for date night & we were not disappointed. Parking was a little difficult, but it was worth it.

The restaurant is small, so it gets crowded fast. Make a reservation, which will help shorten the wait. This was our 1st visit & the hostess told us the Cheesy Garlic Bread would be complimentary. It was delicious. It was so good that you just know that you will order this dish every time you come back. Our server was Meg & she was very nice. Always smiling, very attentive & just really nice.

My wife had the Fish & Chips and I had the Pasta w/ Scallops. Both our dishes were really good. My wife's fish was excellent. The breading was very light & the pieces of fish were large. It was a very nice portion. My pasta was very good with a light wine sauce & very tasty scallops.

I have decided that the next time I go back, I'm going to order the Cheesy Garlic Bread w/ Crab and bowl of Clam Chowder. I can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 13, 2019

There are so many great items to choose here that it is hard to focus in on any one thing but a great place to start is anything that is coming off the grill. I dined solo a few times and watched the expert grilling and was highly impressed with the care of preparation I saw and tasted. Also worthy of note were the friend oysters and the salads, both excellent.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 28, 2019

Fried Oysters are a must! Thank you Carlos for making it a great dinner and taking good care of my picky wife

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Delicious shrimp Louie and kale & salmon salads. Complimentary garlic bread with melted cheese for new customers. Friendly service.

Date of visit: January 2019