“Excellent Babaganoush and more”

Mediterranean Delite
Ranked #53 of 135 Restaurants in San Carlos
Pacifica, California, United States
“Excellent Babaganoush and more”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Met family for a lunch at Mediterranean Delite in San Carlos. Was a bit skeptical due to the "order here and we'll bring it" attitude. However, the owner spoke up and showed us a table and menus. (?). Wonder if they do this only to people they know. However, the rest of the experience was great and I will be back.

I had Babaganoush salad plate. Very generous proportion of EXCELLENT babaganoush with a side of Greek Salad and a bottomless basket of pita. My wife had a Chicken Kabob which was so big she said she'll take half home. Didn't happen. It was so good, she ate it all.

Our family had a combo plate with a bit of everything. They've been here before and knew it was to be great.

I noticed an item on the menu that intrigued me for next time. They offer not only the traditional lamb based Moussaka, but also a Vegetarian version of this tasty dish. Yum.

We sat inside and asked that they turn down the music a bit. It was quite noisy. Many people sat outside but, at two per table, this wasn't going to work for the 4 of us.

Oh, the price was very reasonable. For two huge lunches, with tax and tip, I spent $24.

• Visited September 2012

Redwood City, California
“Love the Hummus!”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I like to stop in and get a pint of their homemade hummus which is very smooth and creamy. Have ordered for take-out. Food is good.

San Carlos, California
“De-liteful”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I've been going to this restaurant for several years now and I thought that it's about time I give it its due. The falafel is the best I've had in the Bay Area. The other dishes are always consistently wonderful. Naz, the owner, makes everyone feel welcome so a "shout out" must go to him. It is inexpensive and delicious, whether for lunch or dinner.

• Visited July 2011
Redwood City, California
“Really rude staff”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I asked them how long is the wait since they seemed busy. The person at the register threw his pen down said he had no idea and he stormed away from the register in anger. It was office lunch time and I had to leave without ordering. He screamed behind me saying don't come back. Not sure what to make out of it but he sounded real rude since no one would normally treat customers that way

2 Thank Foodloverinredwoodci