“Excellent business experience”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in San Carlos
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Americas Best Value Inn in San Carlos, CA is an excellent value. Although the hotel is $20-30 less than other hotels in the area, this hotel is clean and well kept. Everything works, the manager is available and friendly, and it's convenient to local restaurants and to Starbucks.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I can't believe that this place is rated number one in San Carlos. We stayed two nights here in April, 2014, What a mistake!!
On the positive I can say that check in did not take very long. It was after we got to the room that the fun started. The safe was high on the wall above the closet aea. I reached up to open it and the door fell off in my hand. Had I not grabbed it soon enough, it would have landed on my wife's head. Then I found the swing lock on the entry door was about to fall off because the screws were hanging out. The bathroom was extremely crowded with mold growing around the tub. The bathroom window did not lock. (Luckily we were on the seoncd floor). The front windows were filthy and stained. We could not turn on the TV. The ice machine was outside and looked like it had not been cleaned in several years. The lighting was gloomy. The breakfast was a joke. We went to a restaurant down the street.

The only other positive things I can say about this place is that we did not hear the trains even though they are only a couple of hundred feet away. Also, the sink is outside the bath area where the tub and toilet are located. We both like this feature in hotels.

Find a better place. This one is not worth the money.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TahoeCalifornia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

ABVI San Carlos is hosted by Bipin & his lovely wife Vibha. I say host as they make you "feel" like family. Each is outstanding! I have stayed with them for almost 6 weeks & it has been a great experience & pleasure. Nice room, fast wifi, refrig, microwave, newer flat screen with a ton of channels including music choice. My room is always well cared for; pillow top bed & quiet. Close to Trader Joes, Walgreens & walkable to the Laurel St. boutiques & upscale restaurants. I have traveled for many years mostly Hyatt & Marriott. ABVI San Carlos has this that quality with a European flair. I now know why this is rated #1 by Trip Advisor. Cheers! The best is yet to come!

Room Tip: Just ask Bipin & Vibha.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
gandhis, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you very much for your review and your appreciation for our hotel and Managers. We take pride in our hotel, amenities, service and BEST Value we provide to our guests. WE are in business serving guests like you for over 30 years and our aim is to provide the best service and amenities to our guests and we are constantly upgrading our facility. Once again, thank you for your kind and wonderful review.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This isn't just a typical hotel, it is a great hotel with great customer service and the manager here is great! He will go above and beyond just to accommodate needs and he called me when I had a dollar left on change and personally came up to my room to drop it off. This hotel isn't out to scam they are great and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in San Carlos!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Mzoohoo
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I'm staying here for a week, but I've been here for a full day already. Let me tell you that when I read the reviews, I wasn't too sure about what I might run into. You can say it is a typical "Indian" run hotel, but it really is not like other "Indian" run hotels I have stayed at. It is clean, comfortable and the best part is it is walking distance to many restaurants, drug stores and grocery store (Trader Joes). The cleaning ladies this morning were in uniform and they cleaned even better than my last stay in a higher starred hotel in Vegas. The bed is a little firm and the pillows are also not very soft. The towels are small and not thick. The shower pressure is medium. There is noise from the train, but with the AC on fan mode, you don't hear it enough to bother you. The internet connection is super fast. Faster than any other hotel I've stayed at and there are 3 wireless connections. They are free and included in the price. It even has a coffee machine with coffee and condiments (I hate having to hunt down the coffee in the morning if it is not in my room). Microwave and fridge were included. In conclusion, if you are looking for "value" and are not expecting a "Butler" included with your room, then this is it. I'll re-post or edit if I notice anything drastically different than what I have experienced already.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side maybe more quite. I'm facing the train track and it really is not too bad...
1  Thank Taf B
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Excellent service by the management staff. They make you feel like a person not a dollar sign. Rooms are updated and clean. It is very convenient to shopping and several restaurants. Great selection on cable and the wifi is quick and responsive. I have to brag on management and the staff again...awesome

1  Thank Ken D
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is the only hotel I stay in when I come to the Bay Area, and there are three reasons why. The first is how warm and hospitable the manager and his wife are. They manage a clean, well run motel. The second is that you can always count on a clean room, comfortable bed, good TV, and a great shower. The last reason is the location. Right in the middle of the Peninsula, it's conveniently located between San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland. If you're traveling to various locations throughout the Bay Area on your trip, it's perfect.

It's not fancy, and it won't impress your in-laws, but if you want good value for your money, this is the place to go.

2  Thank rkmfcca
gandhis, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you very much for your detailed review for our hotel and your kind remarks" A good location and Great Value". We appreciate you taking time to write your experiences while staying with us. We thank you for staying with us when you visit Bay Area and enjoying your stay. We are fortunate to have loyal customers like you who support us and appreciate what we provide to our guests. Because of cutomers like you, we have been in business for over 30 years at this location.
As you know, we have made many upgrades to the interior and exterior of the property. We have added Continental breakfast and Free Wi- Fi and our guests love new Samsung Flat T.V.
We thank you for taking your valuable time to write the review, which will be helpful to other travelers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Carlos
Pacific Euro Hotel
Pacific Euro Hotel
#9 of 17 in Redwood City
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!