“Pleasantly Surprised”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in San Carlos
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stay at this hotel often because it is clean and conveniently located to public transportation and restaurants. The management is friendly and the cost is the best bang for my buck. This hotel far surpasses other cheaper hotels in the area. I have recommended this hotel to family and friends because the hotel staff and management are professional and follow up on my requests immediately.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie T

Reviewed March 29, 2013

First time I came to San Francisco and thank to God I arrived at this hotel. Nice place, nice room with prompt service. Decent morning breakfast. Convenient place to stay. Just beside the trader's Joe..Good place.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vipin S
gandhis, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write the review for your experience at our hotel. We do our best to provide value and service by providing FREE WI- Fi and many amenities including sauna, spa. We also provide flat scren Samsung TV, refrigerator and microwave in each room. We are celebrating our 25th year here serving guests like you. Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Small breakfast, whirlpool and sauna included; room was decent. Good weekly rate. I'd return...

Location was convenient to the Bay Area. Used my earplugs due to train across 4- lane road - would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I came here because I had a job interview in the area.
To be clear this hotel just provides the basics, but it does it very well.
The rooms appear quite dated, but they are very clean and the beds are very comfortable.
They also provide internet access as well.

Finally, the trader joe's across the street was very convenient.
I can't comment on the service other than there was someone to check me in and tell me what to do to check out in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm always a bit leary of certain budget motel chains like ABVI, but I stayed here three nights last week and I was very satisfied. Driving into central SF (25 miles) can take nearly an hour during rush hour but for me that was a fair trade-off for such a clean, inexpensive room. (SFO is a 20 minutes drive.) Light sleepers might find the sound of street traffic and commuter trains a challenge but otherwise this is a decent location, especially since a Trader Joe's is just 100 yards away. TJ's great for stocking up the mini-frig and avoiding the sad looking continental breakfast that's offered here. I really can't speak to the front desk service but the housekeeping was good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Thank John D.M.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We got in almost close to midnight and an Indian guy attended to us. He was not friendly at all. He sounded pissed at being bothered at that time of the night to attend to us. His tone when explaining where our room is was not something one would like to hear after a 12-hour flight.

The room is clean and beds are comfortable. Bathroom smells good and also very clean. Carpets looks like its being cleaned everyday.

Location is great as it's close to the freeway. Easy to go north to San Francisco, or south to San Jose.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michele F
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have chosen this inn to stay at 3 times now and have been very happy with it. It's clean and comfortable and the manager and his wife are very friendly and helpful. The location is easy to find off Hghway 101 Great value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos
Pacific Euro Hotel
Pacific Euro Hotel
#9 of 17 in Redwood City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!